Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ESI c7/8 T1/2/3

JulieAJJulieA Posts: 1,420
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
I went in for my selective nerve root injection today and my NS PA sent the orders for a c8 right only injection. The PM doctor came in examined me, read my notes and changed the order to ESI c7/8 T1/2/3. I was very greatful. The last one was Selective Nerve root C8 Bilateral but he also injected T1 and it helped a lot for 6-7 weeks. The last month has gotten progressively worse. I am not sure if it is from the PT treatment (strain/counter strain) she pushes right into what is the exact spot that she believes is the lead on several muscle spasm that are connected to my ribs and t-spine. She said she thinks I have rib dysfunction (not sure what that means either)... Thinking out loud agian.

When I got out of Spine Center I had a vm from my NS office that they have decided to order the MRI of my T-spine. I think the PM MD called them and gave them a peice of his mind. He has a pretty cool machine so they can take xrays while your moving (like the florascope). I got to see the pictures from the last injections in my file. I didn't get to see todays. I had to go face down and as soon as the needle went in I started screaming so they knocked me out this time. I am a bit worried about the quick order for the MRI. I have been asking for one since the accident, but they were more concerned about my neck so close out of surgery I guess.

I am really starting to think about working more with this PM. I like him a lot. His bed side mannor is not so good but he seems pretty smart. Any way. My upper back is pretty sore. I hope in 4-5 days I feels better. I will schedule my MRI tomorrow and then I will find out what is causing me this pain. Like I told the PM guy. My neck feels great, my low back feels great. My upper back is killing me. I am back to where my world is starting to get smaller. I don't want to take pain meds during the day (I have to work- I can't afford to go on disability). I still haven't found an attorney. I did try one week but wasn't successful. I need to get back on the bus and start looking again.

Anyway that is my update in a nutshell. I could use some "good thoughts" from my spiney brothers and sisters.

• Thank goodness for the PM doc. Hopefully the injections will work. I'd like to try them but my PM told me that there is too much scar tissue to get in there. Considering how much they hurt that might be a good thing ;)

Glad you are getting the MRI. Rib dysfuntion from what I have been told is when the connection of the rib to the vertebra is messed up. I have that on at least one level and it causes pain that wraps around my collarbone and first rib.

As far as a lawyer... go with a big firm. I had a one-man office at first and it was awful. He was going to have me settle for peanuts. I think it was because he needed the rent money fast. I switched to a big firm and they were great. Very professional and experienced. They still get the same fee and don't need to settle quick.

Can't wait to hear what your MRI shows. Make sure you share!!
  • Glad you have a good PM Dr that you can work with! I hope you get some good results from your ESI and hope your MRI goes well. Thinking of you and wishing you positive vibes. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I am having the MRI tomorrow (Friday) at 5pm.

Definately need to get the attoreny hired. Geico wouldn't cover the MRI (I guess that it is normal) but I had to call and talk to the gal todday. She said to have my personal health insurance take out a lein against them and when they settle they would pay them out then..... She also told me an attorney would slow down the whole process and take 30% of my settlement.... Like I even care. At this point I just want some one looking out for my future.

I am anxious to see the mri tomorrow night.