Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

5 Month check-up

blazerblazer Posts: 785
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Recovering from Surgery
Seen doctor today and he looked at the ct-scan and said i am fusing, but will take at least 1 year to become fully fused.
I'm still in a lot of pain and he said probably from scar tissue or nerve inflammation, from therapy.

Go back in 4 weeks and start discussing my future. I told him i applied for ssdi, and he is completely supportive of me, and will back me up with his reports, he does'nt feel i should go back to my occupation, and i probably could'nt do it anyway.
So now wait and see if this goes smooth or not.

• j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,732
    SSDI never goes smoothly! Get a SSDI attorney!
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • Howdy Jim,

Great news to hear you are fusing. That must be a nice 'de-stressor' for ya! Congrats man! SSDI...As Jim said, rarely goes without problems. Good luck with it, and of course let us know how it goes. *HUG*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Heya Jim! :)

I have been thinking of you and watching for your post! So happy to hear you are fusing! My surgeon said the same thing about a year to fully fuse.

Not going back to truck driving is probably a very wise thing! It would be so hard! I know how hard it has been for me to go back to work, I can't imagine the long hours on the road! It is time to open the door and see what is on the other side! :)

There are some new things they can do to break up scar tissue now. At your next visit, it might be a good time to talk to your surgeon about it!

Hang in there! I've been thinking about you! We are all here for you! wishing you a good weekend!
  • Jim, yup got a lawyer, for SS and work comp. the system is bigger then me and would'nt want to take them on alone.

Brenda; it does take a load off, knowing thats one less thing to worry about. SS people called me yesterday, to tell me they started processing my application, and it would take about 3 months to hear something, so i'll let ya know when i find out.

Shari, Hi been getting worried about ya, Have'nt seen ya posting on here in awhile, and was hoping nothing was wrong. With the scar tissue thats the same thing sleeprgirl is dealing with, gonna ask doctor when i go see him in 4 weeks if its an option pursuing for me.
    If things work out right will be taking a early retirement, but i'm sure there will be more bumps in the road, there always is.
    Gotta go, taking my daughter to hospital, for 2nd eye surgery to cut the eye muscles and reposition her eye, to where it will be pointing forward again.
    She might need 1 more surgery after this because her eye pupil is in like a teardrop shape from the injury and she has a slight double vision from that.
    But we will find out later this year.

Take care and have a nice day :H
  • Oh Jim! Bless your heart! I will keep you and your daughter in my prayers, wishing her the very best with her surgery today!

I had a rough week last week so just didn't feel up to posting, I hate to post when I feel so grumpy... While I was working last week, my car was broken into. The police feel it was a professional who had to have been watching me. Either at my home, (hubby travels a lot) or when I got to work. I had a bag that was well hidden behing the drivers seat.

That was the only thing taken....I had no idea at the time all that was in it...my droid phone with SIMS card, my IPOD, camera with SIMS card, ray bans, the purse itself and a ton of cash~back to school shopping money, grocery money, emergency cash that I always keep, just in case, and a very special ring that I had forgotten I put in there when I did aquatics last, my drivers license, expense check, credit cards, etc.

It scares the heck out of my to have been watched.

The next day, I came home from taking my daughter back to school shopping, in a great deal of pain, and found that the refrig ice maker malfunctioned and flooded onto my hard wood floors....

Sometimes it all feel like just too much!

It's been a hard week. I am hoping it is because of the rough weekend. Last night I was in a lot of pain, seemingly L3-4 which is the level I herniated recently.

Trying to keep my spirits up, but as you know Jim, that can be a job in and of itself!

Let me know how you are doing, and your daughter too! I think of ya'll often!

• Wow; real sorry to hear that. Unfortunally that stuff is common-place anymore.
    There are a lot of punks who just are to lazy to work, also sadly good people will do bad things when they are desperate.
    Had that problem with my son's car when he first started driving, and i had a Viper car alarm installed in it.
    But yours was done in the middle of the day. Enough to make you cry, when you work hard to have money and nice things for your family and yourself only to have some punk take it.

Every thing went well with jackie's( Daughter) surgery today, but took about 1 1/2 hours longer then they told me because to scar tissue from her previous surgeries.
    Have to have her at doctor office tomorrow at 8;00 am for a follow-up. Was at hospital for 6 1/2 hours today for this. O well gotta be done and anything for my baby.

Take care and hope you have more luck getting your pain under control, kinda sucks dont it.