Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Another one bites the Fibro Dust!!!!

emtchickieeemtchickie Posts: 39
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Fibromyalgia
Finally got answers today from Rheumo at Cleveland Clinic after her and my neuro worked on my symptoms together. I am 80% Fibro and the other 20% is arthritis (had blood work done today to check if its RA) Still have my neck issues with C5-6 and C6-7 will see doc Sept 8th for that and where we will go. Glad to know I got an answer they thought it was MS due to my leg issue (weakness so bad in Right leg coudln't walk or move it for days) but the MS was ruled out but neuro says he will still keep it open case since I show symptoms but not the leasions (was told could be years) Doc put me on a sleeping aid and well took 2 and it's way past my bed time for sure. I would like suggestions on what ppl take what worked and what didn't for you. I am on darvon for pain (joke) valium for the muscle relaxers and now trazodone to help me sleep.. Any ideas or thoughts would be welcome like to know what some of you do for the pain (I am in love with my bathtub..lol..)so let me know thanks Lori

• Well good news for a change. Glad to hear that some things have been ruled out. Seems strange to have to work backwards to finding and answer but whatever works :)

Not sleeping is the worst. When I was taking muscle relaxants (skelaxin) I never had trouble sleeping. When I stopped that after surgery I used Advil PM. One pill and I was gone. Nowadays I just rely on a good book to exhaust my brain before bed.

Give your current med a few days. Sometimes when I go to something new I find it takes a few days for my anxiety to go away and then it works. Guess it's performance anxiety lol.
  • hey girly,
    so many things over time i found out hard way didn't work...my rheumo is great and tells it straight...
    along with my spine issues its always hard to tell when i'm in extremem pain which thing it is...
    water has been great for me...and I got great book at library on fibro and swim exercises....warm water of course...the cold water makes my muscles tight..
    I have tried those lyrica,nerontin,cymbaltia,many others,,some have luck with anti-depression meds for fibr...as my rheum we tried 6-8wks on some diff kind...
    For sleep I was on ambien from other doc but after awhile stops working..
    so my spine doc put me back on restoril...works great

I sleep good unless spine wakes me...
    hard to do somedays but few x's a day i do some yoga poses....
    i so agree w/my doc sometimes you can read too much and stay clear of those that have a cure all on fibro they are a rip off...
    Now i'm on norco when i have bad flares or back pain..
    I have just started a healthier diet no sugars and such...water walkin in heated pool is the best...
    epsom lavender salts are best for me in tub...wish i could live in warm water

we shall chat soon and I'm always here for ya fibro sista
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • It's something we must battle on a daily basis and it sucks. Today my left leg won't "work"- weakness, muscle spasms, hip pain, numbness..the works. When my legs choose to go out, I have to use the stupid walker.

As for pain, well I was already treated for it because of the chronic back and nerve pain. They added Lyrica and then Elavil when I was diagnosed with fibro, and I take Robaxin for muscle spasms and Oxycodone for BT pain. I'm not sure if the Dilaudid in my pain pump helps since it is meant to cover the painful levels of the spine.

Sometimes it's hard to tell which pain is which if you know what I mean. My sleep has improved thru the night but I am still so fatigued from the fibro.

Hang in there everybody.. :H