Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

9 month fusion check-up

sleeprgirlssleeprgirl Posts: 695
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hey everyone,

Had my 9 month visit with my surgeon. He was really wonderful to talk with, and hated that I am having such severe symptoms. He did an xray, and just got the results.

I am finally beginning to fuse...Praise God!!!!! It has given me such a ray of hope in this dismal tunnel. My hardware is still intact...YEA! I'm 78 days wearing the bone growth stimulator.

I have to the endoscopic lysis of adhesions again in 13 days, and desperately need some relief from the pain and numbness. My PM doc is not giving me any guarantees, but hopes that there will be some improvement from the procedure.

My surgeon is still enforcing the no bend, twist, turn and weight limit 10 lbs until my fusion is more mature, which is not a problem since those things cause severe pain anyway.

Hope...it's an amazing thing!

Thanks for everyones support these last few months...still a long way to go thru this muck!

• that you're starting to fuse! Hope the lysis of adhesions help your back to heal and fuse completely and pray you have less pain soon. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Excellent news. My last visit I heard those wonderful words and let out a huge sigh! It does kind of feel like such a relief. Hope you continue to do better and get that pain under control.

Take care, Lisa
  • Hooray for the power of prayer! :) So happy to hear your great news!

I will be praying that your next procedure breaks up the scar tissue and allows you to have pain relief!

Here's to a great weekend! Congrats
  • Big-time EXCELLENT news for sure woman! I can feel the smile from here. Good for you. Thanks for letting us know. Now if they can find what is generating the pain, that would be great!!! :)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Hi Lisa,

I'm so happy to hear that your fusion is progressing well. I'm also praying that your next Lysis procedure gives you sustained pain relief.

I'm amazed that 17 days after my 2nd Lysis procedure, I have sustained the reduction of narcotics (33% reduction). I'm only mentioning it because at some point I belive the same thing will happen for you. Even if the third round doesn't do it, in another three months you can try it again. HOWEVER, I'm envisioning you being greatly relieved by this next procedure. As Tarheelgirl quoted from the bible: "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours".

I humbly pray and believe that you will receive the pain relief that you are seeking.

Best wishes!
  • Appreciate all the support..you guys!!

Dave...wow, that is fantastic news, really amazing!
    I welcome any improvement also!

Happy Saturday!

• Hey Lisa, Great news! I'm so happy for you and your latest report from the surgeon. Keep your chin up. Best, mel v. >:D<
  • Lisa,

So glad to hear your good news and that you know now your fusion is becoming successful!!

Boy can I relate when I had my ACDF and bone implant 3 levels and even though I had complications with MVA (getting hit on front driver side stopped at a stoplight 3 months out just after being collar) I continued to fuse...and at the 9 months like you was soooo looking forward to hearing the verdict.

It took me a full 15-16 months to know how successful the surgery was at 3/4/5/6 (removed bone spurs going into spinal cord, pain and neuropathy), but I did achieve full reversal of pain, neuromuscular symptoms !!

Don't feel it's not a success, some people need more time and healing...continue to trust the process!

I will keep you in my heart-thoughts and prayers, that you come to full restoration and functioning well as I know you truly deserve and your doctor hopes can come with time!! ((((hugs)))

• Lisa,

I am so pleased to hear your great news!
    Fusion <:P - that is what we all want to hear :-)

I haven't heard of 'endoscopic lysis of adhesions' before. What is the procedure?
    I hope that it will help to deal with the pain you are still having.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend, full of hope for the future. :D

Take care