Well - Becasue of a combination of financial reasons and not wanting to be "overmedicating" My doctor and I decided to discontinue my use of Fentnyl patches.
This after having some of the best pain relief I have had in over 4+ years. WELL after running through an excersise of tying norco only ... then norco and steriods (that caused setroid rage and had to be d/c'd after 5 days) and now percocet only. I find myself back into the daily rollercoaster ride of 1.5 hours of good pain control ... followed by return of intollerable pain .... causing me to use more that the daily reccomended allowance of Percocet.
Why the heck did I mess with what was working .... oh ya .... that $400.00 monthly price tag while unemployed had something to do with it.
I am seeing my doc on Monday and will get re-rx'd patches (I have already discussed this with him) and have potentially found a source to receive the patches at a deep discount (like maybe per gratis). I also have finally "broken down" and made an appointment with my surgeon (Wednesday) ... I haven't seen him in over two years. Its past time that we attempt to once again "get to the bottom" of my progressing pain and radiculopathy. I can ill afford the surgeon visit and MRI that I assume he will want (I want also) to get. I will attempt the cash pay discount plea and hope it helps.
Leason learned .... don't mess with a good thing .... even if you perceive it as bad. I have learned that in addition to having DDD, I have a disease of perception - and the now commonly growing plague in the U.S. of poverty. When does that universal healthcare thing kick in again??
Thanks for all the support and concern of my fellow osteo-challenged friends!!
Welcome to Spine-Health
Please read the linked guidelines!! (Click on Welcome to Spine-Health)