Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

T-Spine MRI Pics

JulieAJJulieA Posts: 1,420
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
For those of you who are interested, here are a couple pics of todays T-Spine MRI. Please PM any questions or thoughts. I am only sharing pics. I don't see my NS until Oct.

• im not doctor but i see that you have a multiple herniated disc and protrusion in your thoracic region...hope you are not in big pain...

Please refrain fro making any type of medical analysis.
    Stating you are not a doctor is not adequate

Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health Administrator 08/31/10
  • Thanks for sharing. Having thoracic issues myself, I am sure you are anxious to see what your NS has to say. I hope your days are reduced in the land of pain. Please let us know what they tell ya. Did you get the written reports of these films? Also too, did you have an MRI of this area prior, and if so, any changes, or similar to these? Keep us posted. Support *HUGZ*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • living with spine pain sucks....:(
  • Julie cool pics. Lots to talk about with your doc. I was just thinking that we could do a spine yearbook with all these images :)
  • Thanks Gang,

This is really sucking big time. I never had a Tspine MRI. Only x-rays last spring. The NS said everything was coming from my Neck and then he looked at my Neck and found the neck issues and I beleive he was right. I think whatever I had in my Tspine was made much worse with the MVA and now it is getting chronic.

My ESI isn't helping any where below T3 and I have constant rib/back pain with breathing issues and movement issues. I am interested to see if I have some fractures on my spineous sprocess since that area from 3/4/5/6/7 etc is so painful to touch. I don't see my NS until Oct so I won't here anything. I was looking at the axial views of the discs and they really aren't too bad as far as nerve impingment. But the pain is killing me- now my forarms are hurting again. I will probably follow up with the PM before I see the NS. My PT asked to see the MRI, so I will be seeing her Friday so she can decide where to go with the treatments.

• Julie,

Just remember, unless she is one of the rare ones, a PT is not a doctor. I don't have the breathing problems with mine, but the rib pain, skin burning and occasional knife like zings in my back. I know I am stuck with mine for a while....looking at what surgery methods they use now for my levels...I will take the pain for now. :)

As with anything Julie, if you really start hurting more, or breathing gets more affected, I would see if your NS staff can get you in sooner. ER is also a possibility, but as you know, they give you a basic look over, pills, pat you on your butt and tell you to see your personal doctor! Please keep us posted. Gentle support *HUGZ*

• Julie is anyone else getting the report, other than the NS in Boston? If not see if they will send a copy to your PM so you can talk to them about it.

I just had 2 MRI and 2 MRA done in the past week. It's so funny trying to look at them. Did you know that your brain really has those funny squiggles? Gross !!
  • i totaly agree with anelsen...i also have a small herniation t6/t7 but it hurts as hell...so i also think that we can say some words. tnx...
  • Anelson, spinethoracic- have you read the forum rules? It's clear as day, not even slightly ambiguous. It's also the one rule that I know for sure people have been banned over.

People post pictures here to share. But the rules are pretty clear that your medical opinions shouldn't be shared- because we all know that most of us will have abnormalities there whether or not we have pain. It's up to the doctors to decide whether those bumps and bulges are something she needs to worry about.

And JulieA, I hope none of those bumps or bulges are pain causers, because that thoracic surgery looks like a nasty one. Looking forward to the report from the doctor and more answers for you! I'm having lots of upper thoracic pain lately and not even wanting to mention it to anyone. Let's get through my lumbar surgery first!
  • HB provided a very nice answer to your question. I would like to point you to the DO's and DONT's on the Forum thread, in particular post number 2. You should also review the Spine-Health Forum Rules again that you agreed to when you first signed up to be a member of Spine Health.

Diagnosis should be left to the doctors. This site is open to the public and posts are available to not only members but also anonymous internet users.

• If anyone want to email me privately or facebook me- I have tons more pics to share. Just PM me for details.

I know the forum rules. :O) The pics are for sharing, I always like to see everyone elses as well.

Dave at this point I have no idea what my problem is. I think I have some hariline fractures in my vertabrae & spineous process (hoping this is it-sounds sick doesn't it?)that are my pain generators. The surgery does look brutal and I don't think I can mentally make another surgery with such a tuff recovery.

I have been getting weird stabbing pains into my diaphram and around my ribs when I breath but I can tell you that after 2 fusions I serously doubt my NS would even consider another surgery. To make matters even worse my arms and hands have started bugging me like they did before my ACDF. Only been about 2 weeks but it's weird- maybe from PT?

I don't want to have any kind of Thoracic Surgery unless I absolutely have to. I understand the recovery process is 10x worse then a lumbar fusion. Maybe I can get a spinal cord stimulator or something for the pain. Maybe a good brace to wear for exercise and some kind of long term game plan? God only knows I am not making a very good go of it lately and I can not live like this too long. My employer will figure things out and I will loose my job eventually. My work is suffering and has been for months.

This is where the attorney that I need to hire will come in and help me figure out my future. I tell my husband most people who have double fusions aren't working any more..... Now add in the middle back mess and you can see why I need to retire- only I can't afford to go on disability

• Guys, HB nailed it! The rules are crystal clear on us "posting anything deemed as diagnosing" or giving "medical advice" on here. Sure we can say, I have a hernia at x level, and this is what I feel, but to directly state (as has happened in this thread) "you have said hernia"...goes against plain and clear rules. Sorry...

Another thing that is good about "not" posting what we think we see, you don't know the person on the other end, and they might be freaking already - no need to add that stress to someone? Cool?

• Julie,

Not sure if this will help? I bought a 'rib/abdominal' brace at Walgreens for like $35.00. I have DDD and spurs in the mid thoracic - way far from the mark for surgery. If I go where I will get jostled I wear it as a rib brace below my breasts. I can't handle bumping around, nor clothes touching my skin around that level, this brace has been a God send as they say. Just a thought to try. :) The manufacturer is Mueller.

• Have you asked your NS about a brace? I don't know about for the thoracic area, but I got a really cool tall brace from my new NS that is made out of springy metal. Works pretty well, and is much more effective than anything else I've ever had!

It's made by... ummm..Biomet.
  • I don't know for sure where the line is Anelson, but I know it is quite clear on interpreting films, to the point of pulling that issue out and mentioning it specifically. Ron has been quite clear that the owners will not bend on that issue- reading films is a job for the experts only.

Read the links post above, quite enlightning. Also, there are a few forums down under "forum announcements" in which to have this argument, so that Julie can continue to discuss her problems.
  • Julie,

Well you surely can see some messed up stuff in those films, thanks for sharing them with us. I know your going to your therapist tomorrow maybe she has some ideas for you on a brace. If not maybe you could see your primary and if they have any ideas to hold you over till your NS appointment. Now if it is a fracture they can put bone cement in through some needle device and is not open surgery. But of course that is something your surgeon would have to figure out for you as not everyone is a candidate for it. It does bite when your saying i hope it is just a fracture, but we all know we don't want it to be worse. A fracture will heal over time. I myself because of the recent cervical surgery am in a miami J CTO. The CTO is supposed to help my thoracic but my issues are on the lower side and I think it is making it worse than better. My pm today did offer up to put in some trigger point injections in the thoracic which i will be doing in a month. I had to use some steroids recently for the swelling in my neck and he wants to wait a month before putting anything in because of them. So while it is not a permanent fix maybe it can get me by till my neck fuses and then come up with a better plan.

I sure hope they can get you some relief. I know all about that taking your breath away and it is not fun at all. Not to mention knowing what you do for a living I am sure you are having a rough go of it, as that is not a easy job being in and out of your car all day long and the physical aspect of it. Let us know what your therapist says tomorrow. Take care.
  • I had a block at T-11 and 12 that helped, at first it had a lot of perssure then help alot it was done in April and I need it done again
  • today i have facet joint injection...th6 th7 th8,for now is the same feeling,but i hope it will help on next days...
  • My PT helped me pick out a brace from a catalog and we ordered it today. She wants me to wear it for all physical activity from now until I am better (however long it takes). She thinks I have instability).

She hadn't yet looked at the MRI but we ordered the report so she could read it while looking at the CD over the long weekend. I will see them again on Wednesday.

I think I freaked the PT gal out today. I had a good episode of pain that she hadn't been privy to witness before and it scared her. The other PT gal told me not to worry it was only muscle spasms so I told her today "it's ok, it's only muscle spasms" once I caught my breath and regained control. She decided I needed to be taped and tried for a brace but I have tape allergies so we just measured and ordered the brace.

Also I got a referral for a Reumatologist yesterday from my primary (finally) as well a script for Ambien (which I am going to try tonight). She said take it 15 minutes before going to bed. She also increased my Thyroid med (but you don't need to know that) :)

Good night friends :)