Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I just almost burst into tears...

happyHBmomhhappyHBmom Posts: 2,070
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Chronic Pain
on the phone trying to schedule an appoint for pain management now that my doctor is gone. Ugh, I am such a goof.

• Join the club. I do that at least once a week. Often more when the pain gets worse. My other outlet is screaming or yelling. I screamed at my little cat the other day for jumping in front of me. The kids know that if I snap at them to just go away.

I think the most important thing is to recognize it so you can deal with it and apologize as necessary.
  • Please don't fret. Could you ask if anyone is covering his practice while hes gone?

Good lick!
  • He has left the practice for good, I will have to start seeing one of the other doctors. I am just so worried that there will be an interruption in my pain management.

Of course, maybe it will be better, I don't know. We'll see on Wednesday!
  • I've found it useful to scream at the top of your lungs into a pillow. It doesn't scare my puppy or my hubby and sure can release some of that pent up emotion.

Just a little suggestion...

• I'm sorry, but I never know how to refer to you. Do I use your whole screen name? part of it? I like to address people by their first names, but I don't want to invade anyone's privacy.

I think I can empathize with your frustration simply based upon what I have gone through to finally find a PM practice who will manage the whole picture -- both physical & psychological. I haven't even built that bond that you have with your doctor and I think I would be frustrated if I had to start over. I would think that the loss would really hurt.

Take Care,

• Well, I saw the other doc, and really didn't like him much. I am not sure how much longer I'll be with him, as the surgery will be coming up soon, but I will probably transfer to a practice closer to home.

As an example, I noted how sleepy I've been, and his suggestion was to lower the dose of my meds. He never asked what my pain level was once. I asked about a few options and he poo-pooed all of them, and didn't offer any of his own. All around blah.

He may be a miracle with a needle, but he's not for me.
  • Sorry that your visit wasn't a positive one. I'm kind of in the same boat that you are in. I definitely need the endoscopic lysis of adhesions that my PM doc is doing for me, but I'm still remain in severe pain, and am being managed by my surgeon 9 months after my fusion. There is such a huge difference between chronic and acute pain.

I am having to wait it out until I see my PM doc again, and it sounds like you might be doing the same thing.

What day is your surgery?

• No schedule yet, I have to get my MRIs and such done first, then another consult.

I just need med management now, and since I'm very compliant (he even used that word, blech), I won't have a problem. I just won't get any creative changes to my meds or have anyone to talk to about why I'm so tired, or whether changing this or that would help.

Which sucks.

• I have a great pain guy but I am in NJ. I wish it would help for me but I in a waiting period for surgery..nothing else except meds is working.

This discussion has been closed.