Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

BarbF01BBarbF01 Posts: 124
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Spinal Injections
I met with a pain Dr and was told that since Im currently not a candiate for surgery (yeah!), that he'd like to try a series of 3 epidural injections. So, the 1st one was supposed to be on Wednesday last week - Dr's office called Tueday PM to say that he was sick and couldn't make it. So, I was rescheduled for Thursday that week... as we were about to leave the house to go to my appt. on Thursday (at 10am), his office called again and informed my that he was still out sick. I know that Dr's get sick....but I got myself all ready to go in an face that needle (I hate needles), and he was out sick again. I understand that poeple get sick, but I just wished that they would have called the night before, or even 1st thing in the AM. 45 minutes before the appt is cutting it a bit close and my appt. wasn't until almost 11am. I guess we're going for "3 strikes and you're out". My newest day for the injection is Sept. 8th....

• I've seen where docs who are sick, will come in to work and try like crazy to manage, only to have to leave work once again because they are just too sick to be seeing patients. When that happens, the office staff is left calling and rescheduling patients at the last minute.

Sorry you have to continue to wait.

• I too understand that Doc are people too, and they also can get sick. It's just really frustraing being the one who has been cancelled on, and rescheduled again. Not a major deal.. but still, annoying...