Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

my dog pulled me down Damn!!

tammycttammyc Posts: 894
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Ok well i decided to take my dog outside to give her a bath.Seeing it was so hot out i figured it would be better just to hook her to the fence and wash her down with the hose. I brought my daughter outside to help me because my dog,only ten months old but a border collie does not like water.So my daughter was feeding her bits of bones to keep her calm while i tried to soap her up.I got some shampoo on her but my daughter had stopped feeding her and i turn the hose on slightly it freaked her out and she took off.I had my hand under her collar so when she decided to bolt i was attached to her.She pulled me forward really fast and i went forward and down on top of her leash and the hose.Yes i finally got her bathed and brushed and didn't really think much of being pulled down until later on last night when i was laying in bed watching tv. My leg started to hurt and at first i thought that it was just a trigger point but then i lifted up my pj shorts and i have a huge bruise on my leg and hip and it was very swollen up. i put an ice pack on it last night to take down the swelling and put it back on again this morning for a while.The lump finally went away but its still swollen.It 1:30 in the morning and i'm still up writing this because now my lower back and hips are hurting and my neck is getting tight.I can't seem to win.Something always seems to happen.I really don't want to have to go back to my naturopath next week and tell her that i had another accident that set me back.She trying so hard to get my body to heal but how can it when things just keep happening to me? /:) #o

• Tammy,

Sorry to hear of your bad luck with the 'dog bath' issue. Hopefully you will be feeling better shortly. You know your body best, so if it doesn't seem to be resolving, of course contact your doctor to let him know what happened, and go from there. Hopefully it is hard bumps and bruises going on. *HUG*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Tammy, I did something similar earlier this year! Hope you feel better soon!
  • Tammy I hope you recover quickly. Ice is a good thing.

I plan on taking my GSD for a bath this week but I will take him to a place with an elevated tub, warm water and a secure chain. He likes the water - he thinks its a fun game but it is a huge chore for me. I figured I would also have my daughter help me :O)

• Self service dog washes are the best if you can't take them to a groomer to do the work. I'm so sorry you had this mishap and hope the aches and pains will improve in the coming days. Definitely check and see if you have a self serve wash in your area. There is one at most Petco stores (except on Saturdays) and there are privately owned ones as well.