Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

RFA surgery and botox injections

kjkbnapierkkjkbnapier Posts: 22
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in New Member Introductions
The radio surgery has come up a few times with the pm doc and after reading some of the post on here I am kinda scared here. What has it done for you guys ? I had the cortisone shots and this doctor almost killed me as I am a diabetic on insulin and I guess he didnt know as a an diabetic you cant do cortisone. Now he has others he can do such as Botox. Anyone ever do the botox ? How well does it work ? Anyone have any side effects ? Need advice fast as I will be visiting the pm tomorrow.

facet joint and disc deteriation and arthritis at every join in the lumbar.

• Why can't you do cortisone if diabetic?

I have had 3 RFA's and am having tha 4th in October. They are wonderful.
  • The guy at pm has said you gotta keep having them done is this true ? I mean at 2300.00 a pop Im not sure this is viable. What about the Botox injections ? Ever tried them ?
  • I have a $15 office copay and it costs nothing for injections so it is hard for me to say whether it is worth it or not. I suppose it depends upon your financial situation. I get 6-8 months per side relief before needing to have it redone. To me it is worth it because there is no cost. I am not sure if I would go pain free in those areas for the $$$ you are talking about.
  • Cortisone can wreak havoc with your blood glucose levels.

• The cortisone took me from like 180-350 so that one had to stop at once. But the botox they say will not do this but the cost is around 2600.00 each time. I will do it if it works and dont make me any worst in the long run with the diabetes. I am here to learn from all of your experience. I probaly will end up getting the RFA in the end but that one cost a wheelbarral full of money as well but if it really works Im all for it. I have read some about the RFA on this site and lots of mixed emotions going on if it works or not. My pm spec said most people only have to get the RFA two times at most. Is this true ?