Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Thursday coming fast

butterbeanbbutterbean Posts: 20
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi all Butterbean here. Hope everyone is as comfortable as possible. I know none of us are ever very comfortable or we wouldn't be here.
Anyway Thursday is going to be here soon and I will be seeing the Spine Guru. For someone with 2 spine surgeries under his belt, and enough screws and rods to build a small car in his Lumbar spine. I am awful nervous. Don't know why this neck problem has me so worried, probably because the first 2 surgeries did not turn out well.
Just deleted a couple of paragraphs that were too depressing for even me to read, why post them and depress everyone too. We all have our unique set of challenges.
I've heard said God never gives anyone more than they can handle, he must think I'm one tough cookie.
Thanks for letting me vent. Take care all, get all the pain free rest you need. Good night.

• I hope you have a great consult tomorrow. I think they get harder as you learn more about your spine. I remember my first appt with a surgeon. I was so calm...well now I am like you :)

I think its also normal to fear anything that is closer to your head. Foot surgery is no big deal but anything near the head is scary.

As far as getting what you can handle. Well I think it's like being in school. You get a question and have to figure out the answer. The teacher and your parents know you can do it. So you sit there trying to work it out. You get mad or frustrated. Maybe want to give up but the teacher tells you to try again. Sometimes your parents or the teacher gives you a hint. In the end you get an answer. Sometimes this makes you feel great and sometimes you are so warn out you just storm out.

Jim has a great quote on his PS. You get what you get ... not what you deserve. So don't feel cheated or punished.
  • Well if you are anything like your username, you ARE one tough cookie!

Needless to say, just take it one day at a time and stay in the moment. I've gotten to the point where I get the "oh what is it now?" attitude. It never seems to get any easier and sometimes the more I know, the less I want to know. Long gone are the days of just showing up to the docs office and saying "what's up doc".

We are always here, so if you need us, just drop on in.