Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My doctor was so way off on my x-rays

edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Chronic Pain
I went to the hosp today to get my reports to give my neurosurgeon tommarrow. I have more than degenerative discs and arthritis going on in there. I've got reversal of lordosis, curvature to the right in my upper t spine and curvature to the left of my lower t spine. anterior osteophyte (spurs) in my c4 c5 c6 c7. Promniant anterior osteophytes in my t. Degenerative discs disease in my c5-6-7 and l4-4 and s1. Alot of disc narrowing.Bilateral cervical ribs in my c-7 and advanced degeneration overall. And my doc said "You've got mild arthritis and mild degenerative disc disease." She read the same report I did.And I had to make my own apointment and call my insurance on my own to get my doc to send me to a neurosurgeon. I think I am going to find a new doctor.

• Good Luck tomorrow. I understand your frustration..I've been there :) The only advice I can give is to let it go and focus on tomorrow. I also would recommend getting copies of all of your tests and if something seems wrong get a copy of the doctors records. I've found some really odd stuff in the communications between my doctors and when I questioned it they just blushed.

So think positive and always remember no one cares more about you than YOU
  • Well went to the neuro this morning and he did'nt even look at the x-rays. Just said that my pain sounds like whiplash. Never ming my left leg just goes out and I fall. Then he preceded to say about my weigh "Jeez thats HUGE" He would'nt even touch me when he did he used one finger then wiped his hands on his pants. WHat a day. I'm done with all of this. No one wants to help me. When i told the neuro that before my car wreck I weighed 145 pounds that idiot told me that 145 was still 50 pounds overweight! I'm 5 feet 5 inches. WTF?? SO I guess I'm supposed to weigh 90 pounds.
  • Sounds like you've gotten a couple of real bozos for doctors. I was very heavy when I first hurt myself. I had already had gastric bypass scheduled, and ended up losing 85 pounds. I didn't end up having my spine surgery until I had lost all my weight. So, while losing weight may help your back problem, it won't make it magically go away. I was still in pain when I got down to a healthy weight.
    3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
This discussion has been closed.