Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

BarbF01BBarbF01 Posts: 124
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Pain Medications
So, I was given lyrica today as the vicoden isn't helping (much) with the ongoing pain w/ constant pins and needles. Dr. today said that w/ all of reports from my past visits and how I was doing today, makes her think that I may also have fibro. - along w/ all my back issues. :( So, they're keeping me on the schedule to get my epidural spinal shot on the 8th - and to also take 25 mg of Lyrica (once per day for 2 weeks to see how I tolerate it) and thjen 2 times/day if all goes well. I took it tonight for the very 1st time and it seemed to help a little bit...so we shall see...

Its just hard thinking that I need to take even more meds and have yet another disgnosis to add to my file. But, it does explain a lot of the other pain that Ive been having and how difficult it is to move somedays (w/ stuff that is back injury related and all over too).

• Because my nerve pain was way up there, my NS put me on the max right off the bat (per the info sleeve) 300mg a day of Lyrica (150mg 2x a day). I was tired the first 3 or 4 days, and too was light headed - that passed after a few days. I gained like 35-40lbs on it though! I am now finally losing it little by little, so it does (I think) even out? I hope it helps you, it did me big time!!! :)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • So, I was finally able to get some restfull sleep! It was only 3 hours - but it was all in one block and I feel well rested! :) Im hoping that as I continue to take the lyrica (and they want me to gradually up my dosages from 25 mg 1/day to 25 2/day and so on....), that it'll continue to do well for me. I am wary of the weight gain, as Im still working on losing the weight from all of my prior meds and surgeries - but if I feel better, and sleep better - then maybe I can find the energy to start walking the treadmill again? :)
  • I found it better to go slowly up, at a week at a time. That is what I agreed to with my Dr, as we had multiple issues with fast titration of things, and myself just dropping meds, that gave me bad side-effects without the desired improvements.

I found that med - to be good for about a 30% improvement, over not using it. This was born out, by the reduction in opiate meds used, over a 2 week basis.

I found it really nailed the nerve pain well!
  • Lyrica worked SO well for me! I cursed the cardiovascular issues/weight gain that made me quit. It reduced my pain by over 50%!

Good luck to you!