Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

feeling like something is cralwing on....

spars12sspars12 Posts: 20
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
hey always something intresting new comming on... for abought two months i have been gettiing this feeling like a bug was walking on my arms elbows shoulders legs and back and realy creapy on the bottoms of my feet....

my chiropractor said it is part of my progration of my DD.... anyone else got this??........

• nerve damage have you tried a TENS machine ? the acticare is very good see acticare.com for more info {i have one and its very good } dont confuse with the normal TENS the acticare is a high end unit and used over here in uk hospitals for terminal pain ..its not as good as acticare make out in my opinion but its better than many TENS and worth getting one

• on my lower left calf. It felt like I had something crawling on my leg.

One day I was sitting in the garden with a friend chatting, and she told me I had a spider on my right calf. I did laugh! =))

I could feel it, but thought I was just getting the feeling on that leg now.

I have now started getting it on my forearms.
    Here we go again! :)
  • yes i have a TENS unit i have tryed it off and on for over 2 years and get no help from it .... i wonder if yet more injections might help .... scares the hell out of me i have this huge needdle phobia.......

i know what your saying abought the bug thing i try not to pay too much to the feelings .. lol also have a bee sting alagery ... intersting for sure.......
  • Before I was diagnosed with Systemic Sensory Peripheral Neuropathy, and before my toes started to go numb, I went to the doctor and asked about this "bug crawling" feeling. And recently I have started to get the bee stinging feeling only that is on my knee that isn't numb yet.
    I wish that the doctor hadn't brushed it off back then. He did a quick cursory exam and said he could find nothing wrong with me. Now I know this was the beginning of my disease. My big toes started going numb first, then it spread to each toe one at a time. And then after my feet were numb, it spread up my calves. The biopsy's show that the tissue is effected all the way to my waist. Though the numbness stops at my knees.

• I get the crawlies on the right side of my mid-back and have had it, very occasionally, in one calf. Check out some dermatome maps and you may be able to relate to why it's happening to you.

P.S. Here is a link that Ron posted a few weeks ago:-

• Nodding, get them as well, forearms and legs. I have peripheral neuropathy in my legs and right arm (more so in the motor nerves region). I find myself reaching to scratch or flick off this 'bug' that isn't there. It doesn't last long most times which is good. :) NVC wise, I should have it constantly on my right forearm, but I don't - here and there only.

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • I have a lrg. spider tat on my rght thigh. My then dr. said that must be the problem. funny then....I can almost get the sense of any new injuries by feeling that dang feeling....a spider map...for me its usually the first indication of a new disc going. My latest one is in my hairline...its been itching for days..Thank goodness tick season is almost over!!!!