Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

FOOL falls down stairs...

scottishkrumpetsscottishkrumpet Posts: 35
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Chronic Pain
After all the procedures, tests, and dr. visits I went for an RFA but the dr. didn't show up by 9:25 so I left as I was there and ready as per orders at 6:15.
I was going down the stairs in the dark and felt the next step with my foot and next thing I knew I was flying in the air, head first and landed my full body weight on my left rear ribs. This was not good as almost every thoracic vertebra I have has centrally bulging discs but they are small.
I shudder to think about what I may have done to my twisted levo rotoscoliosis spine.
Hey, on the other hand maybe I knocked some sense into my spinal column!

• Sorry to hear about your fall and hope you're alright and you get checked out if you're having pain. Don't know why your Dr. never showed up and hope they can reschedule you. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I have a few falls each couple of months due to my spinal cord sweliing and compressing the nerves..

I would be getting checked out by my Dr just to make sure your OK..

Take care
  • pepeguapo said:
    And this is funny how? Sheesh...

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Wow! Did you let them know you fell? Did you ever find out why your doctor didn't show? I will say you had much more PATIENCE than I. I would have left after an hour! I hope you're feeling better. *HUG*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • How are you doing after the fall? I wouldn't have waited that long for the doc. Of all the nerve. I once had a lump in my breast and had to see a surgeon. I sat naked (except for the little paper gown) in his exam room for 45 minutes while I listened to him telling the nurse about his weekend in the hallway. I finally got up and put my clothes on and was just going out when he decided to come in the door. I told him he could kiss my #$% on my way out!

3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • funny Linda...scottish, how are you? hope you are ok after your fall.
  • I hope your feeling better since your fall..It scares the +#$%$ out of you..

Also, good on you Linda..I did a similar sort of thing..I was going into have the malignant lump out of my breast when the nasty surgeon (He had no compassion at all) came up to me with a texta, pulled my lovely hospital gown wide open and drew a big cross on the lump in front of everyone in the Pre Op room, men and all..

I asked him if he was putting on a show and If so I didnt want to be part of his circus act so dont treat me like some idiot or I will just go..Next minute the Head Surgeon came past and a Nurse told him what had just happened and he called the idiot aside and you could hear him rip into him..

Next minute the Head Surgeon told me that he was doing the op and he took me himself down to the theatre..

• what a story! I hate hospitals and doctors when you have no dignity left! It's just pure rude and uncalled for, but they don't see it that way, they only see what they need to "fix". As a nurse, I worked with many surgeons like that! Patients would feel all modesty went out the window! Us nurses helped in that and kept them covered when we could. When you are at the hands of the doctors and nurses and are completely vulnerable and everything is taken from you, but we can try to keep your modesty...It's so embarrassing having been on the other end many times and being a patient myself, when the ones treating you treat you like a non-person...like you have no feelings of modesty.

Oh, anyway, I liked how you handled yourself and how the doctor got repremanded! He needed that! That needs to happen more often!! I just wanted to say "Way to Go Girl"!!!!
This discussion has been closed.