Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

We are the borg, resistance is futile

pepeguapoppepeguapo Posts: 57
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Lighten and Brighten
Some of your guys' pictures remind me of some sort of human/metal symbioses gone awry, like cyborgs whose prime directive is to hurt and pee funny. Are you people really human or just skynet infiltrating the disabled. Do you think all of us together, if we really wanted to, could take down the whole of Wyoming hand to hand combat? We'd probably get caught up post-revolution with all the red-tape bureaucracy, pork projects and therapeutic martial law. We could return to a norco standard, and have a draft for people to give back massages. We could plant Okra en masse and force feed the well-fed. We could learn how to artificially create a black hole and then not create it because it just wouldn't help. We could go green, I know a guy who has clones of a dank strain. I don't ever get bored now that I don't work. Have you seen eat pray love yet? why not? It's probably not that bad, not as bad as Oprah going on and on about whatever. Say yes to that dress.

• The obvious results of brain damage to someone who has been on narcotics way way way to long.........
  • You're right Teddydog something gone wild here.
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I believe you have hit the nail on the head of this one. Although if he loves the Borg so much, you never know he may take the nail in stride and still use his light saber to suck the life force out of you so he may ascend to a higher plane of existence along with the ancients who did so to fend of the pryors who went from galaxy to galaxy spreading the word. I think the Ewoks helped to recalibrate his power converter and wound up turning him into Godzilla. Although those dudes with the glowing eyes made a pretty convincing argument that it was their place to do that and not his. Always a power struggle in this dog eat dog world.
  • I say no to that dress...

Whatever that means?

Don't know what material it is made of... could very well be toxic!

It might be best to just climb back in bed and sleep for a good... long... while!

This is the first post I read today... I'm definitely not awake enough to decipher such psychedelic sci-fi hillbilly talk and imagery...

This should be titled Pepeguapo in Wonderland...

And this was put in the "Lighten and Brighten" forum...?

Must have those eyes a glowin' over there!

Wild... absolutely wild.

• Not only was it the first post I read today, it's one of the first post I've read in about 10 days. A bit of vacation (That was nice) and break from everything spine related!

Have I re-entered an alternate universe?

Maybe the pain psychology I've been doing isn't such a good idea. Sadly, I understood the part about creating the black hole and then not bothering because we know it would do no good. (At least my perception of it.)

Should I go back and reread that? Maybe Not!

• Those pictures are meant to make you think bionic. WE can't go green otherwise the earth will absorb us into the unknown. Sense were bionic we need to out live the planet for the future is unknown.
  • All I can say is....heeheehee! Definately good for a belly laugh!
  • Ummmm, Okay I guess. :)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • I'm sorry. Just trying to entertain myself, I'll stop. BTW Avi's was one of the pics that shocked me. Didn't mean to offend it's just hard to imagine having that kind of hardware. I go with crappy humour cause I lack any good advice or meaningful words. Sincerely apologize I didn't have bad intentions just being silly and annoying, I'll try not to do it again.

I also had youtube links to a story about a kid who had broken his back and then been tased 19 times by police, then I realized that wasn't really a lighten brighten kinda thing. I'll try not to be such an idiot in the future.
  • Stop the 'poor hard done by'. We are just having fun. You said something totally off the wall and we are just being fun back.
  • It is great to be silly. Always a fun distraction! :)

I was hoping to read Scene II this morning.

• Pepe,

"My" sexy wing thing shocked you? Oh my!!! lol!! Like was just said, you posted something that made no sense to us, figuring you were trying to be funny, we shot back. :) No one is mad at ya darlin!!! ;)

• And I am here to stop them!

A man once captured and assimilated by the Borg should not be put in a situation where he would face them again. To do so would introduce "an unstable element to a critical situation."

Ridiculous!?! My experience with the Borg makes me the perfect man to lead this fight!

Borg Queen- Small words from a small being trying to attack what it doesn't understand. I have heard them before. From thousands of species across thousands of worlds, since long before you were created. Now they are all Borg!

I saw you're cube and all of the Borg on it destroyed, we fused it with our microphoton torpedoes!

You think in such three-dimensional terms. How small you've become. Organic minds are such fragile things. You're MRI scans couldn't pick up our entrance into the damaged sick bay. We degenerated your shields long enough to leak our nanomachines into the main hull.

Warf- Assimilate this!(Fires phaser) Commander! They've taken over decks C3-6! They've cut sensors on all decks in section C.

They won't stay on deck C. Seal off all discs, set phasers on anti-convulsant!

Warf- Sir, they've adapted!

Create a diversion!

Scotty- Blue shields are only covering 60% sir!

Number 2- The warp drive is backed up. We can't make the jump to hyperspace let alone jog around the block. Blow up the damn ship!

Nooooooooooooooo!!! I will not sacrifice the Enterprise! We've made too many compromises already; too many retreats. They invade our space and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds and we fall back. Not again.
    The line must be drawn HERE!(british accent)
    I will make them pay for what they've done!

Borg Queen- You are an imperfect being, created by an imperfect being. Finding your weakness is only a matter of time. I am the beginning, the end. The one who is many, I am the borg!

You are in chaos Data, you are a contradiction; a machine who wishes to be human. We too are on a quest to better ourselves, evolving toward a state of chronic perfection.

Data- Forgive me: the Borg do not evolve, they conquer.

Human! We used to be exactly like them. Flawed. Weak. Organic. But we evolved to include the synthetic. Now we use both to attain perfection. Recline and join us!

Data- Believing oneself to be perfect is the sign of a delusional mind.

A few years ago I was captured by the Borg. I was assimilated into their forums. I had their cybernetic devices planted throughout my body. I was part of their hive mind. Every trace of my individuality erased into their collective. I was one of them. So, you see, I have a unique perspective on the Borg and I know how to fight them. Now if you'll excuse me I have work to do.

It's so simple. The Borg hurt you and now you're going to hurt them back!

In my century we don't succumb to revenge. We have a more evolved sensibility...

Bull$#!t! I saw the look on your face when you shot those Borg on the CT holodeck. You were almost enjoying it!

Mr Warf. I regret some of the things I said to you before.

Warf- Some! If you were any other man I would kill you where you stand!

I think you're the bravest man I've ever known.
  • I sort of get the Star Trek references...but I have no clue about the rest.

All I know is that I'm reading your post with my eyes wide open -- like a deer in the headlights. You're very creative, I'll give you that!
  • heheheehehe.... I actually *get* this posting, as it makes perfect sense of the new "Enterprise" adventures, and to the inception of the dreaded Borg and their "sub culture" of *cough* living.

I.e., "We are Borg, you will assimilate!! Pop a good virus, and they are toast!!! Data and Warf, very much involved in deciding the status of what to do with the Borg and their scourge! Picard took their knowledge and guidance on much of dealing with the dreaded Borg!! Good one Pepe! SEE...NOW that makes sense! hehehehehehhe Okay, Treki mode off! hehehehe

• Just wondering.
    Were you at Woodstock concert?
  • One of the last of the Baby Boomers...

I was an ORIGINAL Trekkie... the one with Tribbles (?)
  • You've got me in an Austin Powers mode now, with that Number 2 reference...

Groovy baby... groovy!

:D <--- picture an Austin Powers smile.

• I was at Woodstock, and was the ripe old age of 6!! I got to go, otherwise, my big brother and sister couldn't go! (G) Life of being babysat! Mud heaven!!! (G)

Ahhh, "Trouble with Tribbles" My all time favorite! I love those fuzzy little balls of chattering, cooing fun! My favorite scene? When Kirk opened the upper storage area, and they almost buried him! Hehehhee

• Captain's Log, Stardate 43615

The entire human race is in critical danger of extinction, at war with an unstoppable cybernetic virus known as the Borg. This is not the first time we have encountered them in a life or death battle for survival. They are a powerful mixture of flesh and blood and machine, driven by a collective of billions of minds across millions of species. Their only objective: to assimilate new technological power for an apocylaptic war against all life. They have taken more than six and a half billion lives in every root system of the Delta Quadrant. So far, the federation has been unable to defend against their advanced weaponry and adaptive defenses, but I believe I have finally found a means of neutralizing their attacks.

The Borg wield a weapon of unknown origin called a Prolapsus Ray. It allows them to slip past our shields; disabling our computers by impinging the core's sensors with a viral paracentral subroutine. It then materializes a jelly-like chemical acid that eats its way through any material, allowing the Borg signal to penetrate the entire ship. Data has helped me devise a plan to introduce contrasting subspace radiation that might disrupt the Borg signal. Opening their defenses long enough for our microphaser to destroy the Prolapsus. I only hope it will be enough to end this predacious disease once and for all.

Number 2: Commander! We're approaching a small planet of several billion inhabitants, all Borg.

Picard: That's not a planet, that's the Borg mothership!

Data: Fascinating!

Warf: Sir! Their torpedoes could potentially overhwhelm our shields and breach the main core. I suggest we turn back and wait for the PT sector's fleet, they could help us contain the spread within the C sectors.

Picard: No! There's no turning back. The Borg have grown too strong to defeat in a fair fight... This is the only way. We will resist them here, with every ounce of our strength. (Enterprise is shaken, crew members thrown left and right!) What's happening!

Data: The Borg sphere has locked on to us with a radicular tractor beam. It seems as though we are unable to maintain a fixed position for more than .13 seconds.

Riker: Recieving a subspace transmission sir! They're hailing us.

Picard: Onscreen!

The Borg: We are the Borg. We have analyzed your defensive capabilities as being unable to withstand us. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service ours.

Picard: We will sacrifice neither this ship nor its inhabitants, we will fight for freedom from your neuropathway control!

The Borg: Freedom is irrelevant. We will assimilate you. Resistance is Futile.

Picard: Data, ready the epidural radiation... Engage!

Worf: The Borg have neither honour nor courage. That is our greatest advantage.

To be continued..?
  • Uh... no?

Well, okay... Now, I have to go watch the movie. It's available as an Instant movie on Netflix. (That's not intended to be a plug).

By the way, being true to the ORIGINAL Star Trek, I did like the movies made from, what, 1980 or so? My favorites were the Wrath of Khan, and Star Trek IV (I can't remember the name, but it's the one where they have to go back in time to 1980's San Francisco and rescue a whale and bring it back to the future. It was hilarious! Especially Spock dressed up like a hippie and trying use the lingo of that period.)

• "The Voyage Home"

I agree, the two best Star Trek movies. Ricardo played an awesome Khan!

We will NOT assimilate. You say resistance is futile...I do not hold the same belief...I shall resist and will NOT assimilate. FIRE WHEN READY....

Right on target!
  • this post will be shut down signed the borg
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I love Star Trek and have watched them all. They are timeless and priceless. I watch the space channel everyday and watch star trek repeats over and over. I love sci-fi! Charry
  • Let us not forget the necromancers....

Pitch Black
    Chronicles of Riddick

What is scary is that there seems to be page after page of necromancer related groups and societies...

We scs people may be the beginnings of the borg. They are supposed to be close to developing a postage stamp sized piece of "hardware" that will be able to be inserted under the skin in the back of a hand and tell whomever it is linked to how we are doing physically.

Or the talk about implantable GPS locaters for elders who lose their way....

The borg in reality will have little use for the likes of us! They will be able to build themselves better hosts!

Perhaps they will be as the machines in Stephen Kings "maximum overdrive"....

EDIT: almost forgot my favorite has always been "wrath of Kahn" love that rich corinthian leather....see who remembers those commercials...
  • Also, what about "De Plane, De Plane?"
  • I just want some guide rebar placed in my back so I always have good posture, that should do the trick.

I think I had a case of space madness lately, gotta get out and limp around in nature.