Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

almost 2 yrs

MagnumtagemMMagnumtagem Posts: 76
I'm almost 2 yrs out after severe rupture l5-s1.Left ankle left weak, still not have but half the strength in lifting foot. My back feels good not great but good, I can feel stretching in lower back now when i am doing stuff like yard work so on. I believe I'm just bending further do to less pain. I'm still very cautious of my posture most of all. I have found I'm not as fragile as i thought. I took a pretty bad fall on concrete at a fairly good pase, I tripped and down i went tumbled and got back up with no ill side efects other then the hands being alittle sore. I saw myself going to hostpital and a fusion coming on as i was falling toward the concrete. Thank goodness this did not happen. I have gotten back to riding my mountain bike some times up to 8-10 miles. My main ristriction now is i have PSA (psoriatic arthritis) in my knees and feet and back.I never thought my back would feel this well again, I have bad days though one day a few few weeks ago I had to sleep in my brace cause pain in back was a 7-8. Woke up all was good.Some times its good to hear or read a success story and i really feel mine is. I'm able to work and have fun with kids. So i hope all of you have the same good luck i have had. I cannt count the days ialmost went to doc cuase i thought i relay messed something up in my back the first yr but i learned just to relax and relay take it easy yet stay active.

• That is awesome. I am really happy for you that you are able to lead what is really a normal life. Very cool. It is wild, how when we fall now, how our "spine" flashes before our eyes, instead of our "life" flashing before our eyes. Kind of puts things in perspective a bit more I'd say.

I hope you continue to have success and fewer and fewer pain episodes.

• for the success stories...I'd love to hear more of those! Blessings to you!