Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

second fusion in two years need advice

kazmistress28kkazmistress28 Posts: 9
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi all,

I had my second fusion on the 30th of August. I was released 4 days ago from the hospital. My first one was at L4-L5. My second was came from cauda equina caused by the pedicle screw at L4 breaking and pushing up into L3. I have been taking norco 10mgs every 4 hours for the pain. It is doing absolutely nothing. When I was discharged I was given the number to call my doctor to make follow up appt and to call for any problems. Well, the number DIDN"T WORK!!!! I just now finally today did some searching and it took me an hr to find his real number. I called hysterical crying and begging for something stronger for this pain. I only took pain meds in the past when it was so bad I could not function, Now so much norco has gone into me, I can't even get relief from it. I need percocet, oxy, dilaudid pills, something to help me and they will not give me anything stronger than Norco!I dont know what to do. I am literally curled up in the fetal position in tears because it feels like my legs are on fire. I have been doing everything right, i dont understand why today it hurts this bad. Please help me your advice is golden to me.

• Hi Kazmistress! Are you taking anything for nerve pain? Neurontin or Lyrica? By your description "legs on fire" it sounds like nerve pain. After my fusion, my neurontin was accidently stopped in the hopsital and it felt like hot acid had been poured on my back! Once the Neurontin was restarted, I had great relief from that pain!

I am so sorry you are going thru this again! Once should be enough in a lifetime!

Wishing you the very best! Hang in there!
  • So sorry you are suffering so badly. If its unbearable you can go to the ER. Hopefully they would be able to give you something stronger. This would also show your Dr. that you are serious about the pain you have (no one fancies a trip to the ER).

I hope you can get some relief.

Take care,

• I was given a prescription for Percoset and valium at the ER. Problem is, its labor day and they cant fill it until tomorrow. I got some dilaudid and valium at the hospital so I should be a little better off tonight. Doc sad maybe its cause when i sit down the brace pushes down on my thighs. It comes no where near my thighs! I am a big girl, the brace sits on my lower abdominal "pooch" One I am done getting the staples out from this schmuck doc I am not going back to him. Too much bull crap that he pulled on me this time.