Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Well, I'm back and it is my neck this time

RatSquadRRatSquad Posts: 114
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
As you can see in my signature, my lumbar was (mostly) fixed almost two years ago. Had a series of caudal injections to calm my lumbar spine this past spring. Now it is my C-spine's turn to flare up.

Had a new MRI two weeks ago which disclosed I had severe DDD, cervical stenosis with radiculopathy C4 through C7, a spur at C6 and bulging disks at C5/C6 and C6/C7. The result is neck, shoulder, outer arm, elbow and wrist pain.

Fortunately no numbness or rupture(s).... yet. All of this is on the right side.

I am scheduled for ESI to my C-spine this coming Monday; and another one in two weeks. In reading through the C-spine forum there (as usual) appears to be mixed results with the cervical ESI. Hopefully this will provide some relief. In the interim, I have been re-introduced to Lyrica which works wonders and given a TENS to carry around.

Will pop in and update the results from Monday :). And maybe see if there is need for another wagon train from AZ to some secret private island :))( . The older members should remember that spiney trip.

Hope you all have a pain free day!

View my history for all the gory details.

• You just couldn't manage without us, could you!!

I hope that you are getting some relief from your ESI on your C-spine yesterday.

I had a lumbar fusion in March and have now also had a flare up in cervical pain. I am awaiting an MRI on my neck.

Never a dull moment! ;)
  • jellyhall said:

You just couldn't manage without us, could you!!

I hope that you are getting some relief from your ESI on your C-spine yesterday.

I had a lumbar fusion in March and have now also had a flare up in cervical pain. I am awaiting an MRI on my neck.

Never a dull moment! ;)
    This has always been a great bunch of folks. Just like one big dysfunctional yet caring family :)

Had the EPI yesterday and all went well. One new item tho, if I move just right my bicep begins to twitch. ahhhhh nothing like random and unexpected movement of various body parts. On the bright side, it keeps me guessing what will move next :))(
  • Welcome back, sorry it's because of yet another spine area! At least you have an idea what to expect this go around! I too am a member of the DDD club! Fun isn't it? (G) Do they have a game plan for if the shots don't help, or do help? Please keep us posted of course! *HUGZ*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Sorry that you're having c-spine issues and hope the ESI's and Lyrica can help for now.

Private island yes I remember that thread. LOL Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Dang sorry to hear that !
    I know oh so well what you are going through.
    My neck is all jacked up as well.
    I thought low back pain was the worst, but dealing with this neck pain and these headaches and numb / weak hands is no walk in the park by any means . I don't know about you, but these muscle spasm are freak'in wear'in me out.
    I did get a little relief from this H-wave unit that was prescribed to me by my pain Dr.. It's like a ten's unit on steroids. At least that's what it looks like.
    I'm telling you I never really got relief from tens........this H-wave really helps with my muscle spasams.......Google it !
    And no I don't work or have anything to do with this H-wave company......I'm just letting you know that it has really helped me out.
    Best wishes man , I know what you're going through and it SUCKS !!!!
    Hang in there buddy !
  • This is getting to funny. Had my final ESI on my neck this past Monday and all is well. Now it is my backs turn to act up.... again :)

Pain/stiffness in the lower back, and my legs are feeling heavy again. I just wish they would make up their mind! Get one doing fine and the other complains.

One of my co-workers suggested instead of having ESI's in the target areas, how about having the DR place them in the middle of the spine. Sort of split the difference.

I am seriously considering it :))(

Hope you have a pain free day.

• Curt- Sorry your having troubles :)

My theory on ESI's in the neck is the extra "fluid" add's pressure to the spinal column and then we get reffered pain... That is theory only BTW.

I had a Bilateral Selective Nerve Root Block on C8/T1 and it worked great on reducing my neck & shoulder pain for about 3 weeks. However during that time I did start feeling other pains in my upper back that were there all along but not as bad since the mind can't process all the different spinal cord pains at the same time.

Amazingly I discovered when I tore the meniscus on my knee in July it was bad pain that my mind could only focus on. It trumped the back/neck all together until after the steroid injection (subsquent surgery) in the knee once the swelling went down my mind went right back to the "upper" back pain.

Incidently the ESI I had on the T-spine 1 month ago did nothing for me but give me "roid rage" and a pink face :) I hope you have much more success.

• Julie,

It is totally amazing how the body works. My last on duty "incident" required knee surgery for a torn meniscus and medial tendon. Once I recovered from that, the back started complaining. Once the back was taken care, the neck started complaining. Once the neck was addressed, the back started complaining again.

(and now I am complaining :) )

I look at it as the body's way of telling us which is more important at the time.