Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New with question

SuesueSSuesue Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in New Member Introductions
I had fusion at C5/6/7 1 year ago. I have been told I have nerve damage and am a good candidate for epidural injection to relieve pain. Does anyone know if this can be a permanent fix and will allow me to get off neurontin?
Thank you

• hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support to and answer what questions we can. i am sorry to say that an epidural is only a temperory solution. the time it takes to wears off varies from person to person but the most relief i have ever gotten is several weeks. some people get several months.. your doctor could tell you best about this... there is also alot of info on the site about epidurals. look under the "Treatment, injections" section at the top of the page.. good luck to you and stop in anytime! Jenny
  • Welcome to Spine-Health. There are a lot of articles on this site about ESIs, so you might want to search for them at the top of the page. It might give you a good idea of what to expect with regards to the procedure itself.

Although I've only had an ESI on my lumbar area, I did get permanent relief from a bulging disc I had at L4/5 (my L4/5 surgery was for non-disc related issues). I had sciatica down the back of both legs due to the bulging disc and after the ESI and then a 5-day medrol pack, I never had any further problems. So I believe that an ESI can be a permanent solution, but I think it just doesn't work as often as we'd like it to.

I wish you luck on your ESI and hope that you find relief from it. Take care and please keep us posted.
  • I am kinda new here but I have had 3 facet injections and in my case they were purely diagnostic. Meaning that if the pain subsides after the injections, then I was a candidate for a Radiofrequency neurotomy. And In my case, it did work and I had the RFN. But the relief from the injections only lasted 5 days. the RFN lasted 4 months.