Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Up aqain in the middle of the night

angelanicaangelanic Posts: 256
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:47 AM in Chronic Pain
Hi All,

As soon as pain meds wear off..here I am laying on the floor of the living room. I can only lay on my right side (which is starting to hurt due to the hard floor) or on my stomach with my left leg (the one with all the pain) out to the side. Is it bad to lay on my stomach..is it making things worse? It feels best this way.

Thanks,

Angela
advertisement

Comments

• it's been 4 years now and i am up without fail after 2 hours ..its torture ..if you want to chat i am awake on my recliner in agony too
    tony x
  • Meds...kicking in. Going to try to get some sleep.

Angela
  • i am always up every night from 2am or 4 am and awake for about 3 hours .GMT ..so if i am up at 2 you will be able to get hold of me for another 3 hours ..by that time i have drifted off on my recliner ..same as if i am up at 4 am ..
    tony
  • Straker,
    Thanks for the heads up. I'm always up in the middle of the night too. Now that I've taken a leave from work I don't worry about it so much, but when I had to be up for work, it was miserable.
    Angela, it sounds like your condition is deteriorating, just in the short time that I've been here. Are you sure that you can wait til next year to get something done? Stay strong & know that you're not alone, Juva
  • Hey there,
    I know you were asking about sleeping on your belly (stomache). From what I read, it's not the best BUT if it works, I was told to put a small pillow under my lower abdomen about my hips.

• that Im not the only one who has such trouble w. sleeping! People constantly ask how I function, and if I've looked into any sort of sleep meds. Answers are: I have to function, and this is normal for me now.. and sleep meds - like I need need even more meds to make me even more foggy? Been there. tried that and then I'm just groggy, but still awake and hurting.
  • Hi all, seems like we are all in the late night club! :-)

For me, the tiredness has been as big an issue as my pain in it's impact on my life and work. I'm back at work after 4 months off but struggling with the exhaustion caused by lack of sleep. At least at home I could get a sleep when painfree for an hour or so, but going to work when you've been up most of the night is a real struggle. I think it might even be true to say that constant tiredness/exhaustion has a bigger effect on my life in many ways than the pain has - certainly in regard to my interaction with the outside world. It causes difficulty thinking at times, memory loss, even diziness sometimes I'm so tired and of course affects your mood.
    I completely agree with you BarbF01 about what you say about sleep meds not really being a workable answer. I'm trying to set up a business at home where I can work at it for a couple of hours, then go back to it later and so on, so it can be fitted around my sleep "pattern", rather than like now where I have to go to work for 10 hour shifts after a night of interrupted sleep and am just exhausted most of the time. Rather than fight the problem, I'm hoping to find a way to just work around it. Given much longer I half expect my employers to get rid of me anyway or move me to a much lower paid job, so I need to find an answer.
  • Being up in the middle of the night stinks. Especially when you have to work. Hoping to make it through tonight.

Juva..yes I am probably going to have to get surgery this year. I got ESI yesterday and am still in pain when I am standing. I am hoping it keeps me going until mid-november which is when I would be comfortable going out on disability from work for 8-12 weeks. I am going to try to go to work tomorrow and see how it goes. I will keep you posted.

Angela
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.