Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

wow bad flare up or back issues getting worse not sure what to do???

starsinhereyessstarsinhereyes Posts: 583
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:47 AM in Fibromyalgia
hey spineys
I've really having bad time with my legs...burning pains and other nite woke up having like some type spasms felt like both legs had severe charley horse...they were hard and couldn't move them....
Called doc and he wants mri again last one was back in nov.and shows l5,s1 hernation and he wanted a discogram but of course i never went...
Don't see the point if i'm not gonna have surgery ....
so altho i really trust my doc and my rheumo says could be fibro flare up...
just i can't even lay on my back just hurts have anything touching it...i walk and try my best to do some yoga stretches along with core daily..
if i walk more than a block my feet go numb...
i'm just kinda whining and with fall season...just afraid to face the cold weather....last yr was hell on my body..
ty for listening need to vent...

any thoughts from those who have fibro and spine issues i would love to hear it
ty
mary
neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
daily goal do good thing for someone.
advertisement

Comments

• Howdy Mary,

As you know, spine issues here, no fibro that I know of. I hope you find that it is a bad flare and not more problems in your lower back. I just wanted you to know I am here with *HUGZ* and support. I hope you have relief soon woman!!

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Hang in there Mary,

I don't have Fibro (having a flare of my own for tha last 3-4 weeks from something else). I have had similar symptoms from my low back before my fusion. I had instability and it wreaked havoc on my ability to move. Not to mention the pain. It lasted about 17 months before the fusion and was 100 % relieved from my surgery.

I have heard that some docs don't recomend discograms if you are not a surgical candidate bc it can do more harm to the disc (not sure how true it is). I have never had one and have had two fusions.

Try to stay positive and get as much rest as you can. Drink lots of fluids etc. Maybe you can get a second opinion on the discogram? The MRI would be a good idea- see if you have any new damage compressing a nerve that needs to be adressed right away. You know a simple sneeze could have caused the herniation to get bigger or worse.

Ice gel packs alternated with a heating pad is one of my favorites.

Soft Hugs- Julie
  • about all of your pain! :( I would go in for the updated MRI - at least you'd know what else you may be dealing with. Let your Dr. know that your want nothing to do w/ any surgery, and see how/if they can treat you with other means.... As you know, I also have a L5 S1 herinated disc and have Fibro., and Im also opposed to more surgery. Ive done injections, PT and massages - and am now trying acupunture. I do have to say that aupunture and PT have helped me the most! When I get the pain running down my legs (deemed to be 1/2 fibro and 1/2 the disc issues), the stretches that they showed me in PT seem to do wonders!
    Good luck!!
  • I am so sorry to hear that you are flaring up so badly. I would follow up with the MRI's even if you don't want to have surgery. You just want to make sure that there haven't been any major changes that could be even more serious. You also never know if there is something else that could be done that is less invasive to help you. I just don't want you to ever miss anything and get worse, of course. I hope you are already feeling better by the time you read this. I am thinking of you and sending my caring thoughts.
    hugs,
    glo :)
advertisement