Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello

Desert.CoyoteDDesert.Coyote Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:47 AM in New Member Introductions
I have been living with lower back pain for nearly a decade. Most of this time just thinking it was some bulging discs. I recently found out through an MRI that I have Degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis and Scheuerman's disease. I have been self medicating until recently. Now I am on pills that do mostly nothing. I am in pain most of the time, I get lucky to get four hours of sleep a night.
I am lucky to have three wonderful, understanding children and a very unique wife who gives me full support in whatever I choose to do about my back.
I am hoping that joining this forum and the chat will help me to understand and deal with this unstopping pain.
Thanks and I hope be around here for a long time.
advertisement

Comments

• Hi Desert Coyote,
    I saw your post and just wanted to say hi and welcome to the site.It's a great place to be and you'll find a wealth of knowledge on here from video's to articles and also chatting with people with similar issues.
    Sadly for me being in the UK it's coming up toward midnight here so i'll be off to attempt sleep in a while so I hope you get some help if you need it.
    I would advise taking a look in the 'chatroom' facility where at this time of night you should find some people to talk to.
    Bye for now.
    Scott in the UK.
  • Like Scott, I'd like to welcome you to Spine Health! You will find a lot of understanding and support from the members here. At the top of the web page is a search box that may be of help. Again, welcome aboard!!! :)

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • This is a great place for support....let us know how we can help you.

Angela
  • Welcome to Spine-Health, I'm glad you found us. You'll find a lot of great information on this site in the form of doctor-written and peer-reviewed articles and videos of various procedures. And the members of the forum are very knowledgeable and supportive.

I'm sorry you've been battling spine issues for so long. What is your next step? What kind of doc are you seeing?

Please let us know more about you and what your future plans are to address your problems. I think you'll find a lot of members have walked in your shoes and understand what it's like to have persistant and chronic pain.

Take care and I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Cath
  • Thank you for the support. My DR. is advising against any surgery. The medication only works some of the time. But I am getting by, painfully, but getting by none the less.
  • I too would like to give you a warm welcome to the site.

Have you sought out more than one opinon,another doc may have some insight that first does not have.

Again, welcome to the site, and chat.
  • Hi Desert.Coyote (like your name). Just wanted to add my welcome. :)

You didn't say what you were self-medicating with but I gather it did a better job than the prescribed medicine you're now on. Are you going to be seeing your doctor again to talk about pain control? If it were me, he'd be hearing from me sooner rather than later. After all, you're paying him to help and treat you and if his treatment isn't helping, he should know about it.

Linda

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • are you under any medical care at the moment ? because with ten years of pain under your belt you should be trying to sort it out ..have you had a recent MRI/ct scan ? and is there any possibility that you could be operated on ? as for pain relief you should not have to self medicate {that implies all kinds of things that could be taken out of context on a live forum like this on ..trust me !} i dont know your circumstances but if i were you i would be seeing an orthopedic surgeon and a pain consultant .i hope that you can get some good advice form our members and maybe get yourself to the relevant medical people to take care of you .
    STRAKER
  • I see a Dr. but he says surgery wont help. I had a recent MRI thats how I found out it was not just a bulging disc. DDD , lumbar stenosis , schmorls nodes, disc dessication, on top of 4 bulging discs. I self medicate with cannabis, which is legal here. I now have DR that deals with that medication specifically. It works better for me that other narcotics, sometimes. There are times that I dont think anything could help.
    Where I live it is 100 miles to the nearest town with pain management drs or orthopedic dr. The last trip I took that far was for the mri, and I could barely walk for a week.
    So I just take life one day at a time and have three wonderful children and a loving wife to draw strength from.

• i was unsure of your circumstances .i have tried cannabis but found it to be of no use to my pain .i need a high amount of Oxycontin to keep my pain under control {i am waiting for another procedure and maybe another operation }cannabis is illegal over here and that's another reason i dont use it .i wish you well and hope that you will find some good advice here and meet some fantastic people
    take care
    STRAKER
advertisement