Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Just got ESI Midline...now numb

angelanicaangelanic Posts: 256
I am numb from my waist down. Never had this happen before....very strange. Anyone have this happen. I am glad the pain is gone but now I can't walk at all.

Angela
advertisement

Comments

• Angela,

I would call the facility that you had the ESI ASAP!! If I am reading your post correctly, your not just numb near the injection site, but numb all the way down from the injection level? And...due to this you can not walk?!? It sounds like something serious is going on there. Please let us know what you do, and too what you find out. *HUG*

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • he says the numbness will go away but he was worried about the headache. If that does not go away in a day or two then I have to go back and get another procedure done. yea!

angela
  • Is he referring to a blood patch? Does he think you have a leak???
  • Angela,

I agree with TeddyDog. Did the doctor tell you *why* he is concerned if the headache continues? It might not be a bad idea to call him tomorrow if you still have a headache at this level you are at now. Just me thinking. Fortunately I've never had a leak, but the few that I do know of, hurt like a son of a bi&^%. I will cross my fingers that you wake feeling tons better woman!!! :)

Brenda
  • Headache went away but it would have been caused by the injection going the wrong way...something like that...and then he would have had to do some blood thing. LOL. See how much I listen to the doc.

Angela
  • So glad to hear your headache went away. I hate them to the max!!! There have been quite a few on here who had to go the blood patch route - nasty from what I can tell. Happy you're doing better. *HUG* :)

Brenda
  • Oops, goofy connect - double posted!
advertisement