Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Day from Hell

newhouse17nnewhouse17 Posts: 133
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Matters of the Heart
Ok people I’m going to rant!!!

I woke up in pain because I started aqua therapy yesterday and boy did it do a job on my back, I can hardly move. Why is it that therapy seems to make me worse that making me better. I went to bed early last night at stayed there until I got a call at 10:30 by the school counselor that my daughter is be threatened by a former student at her school, it’s pretty serious. When it comes to your children, adrenaline takes over and you start moving faster than you should. I jumped in the shower and got dressed and headed over to the school. Long story short, we had to call the police to file and complaint against this girl because she said she is going to kill my daughter for dating her ex-boyfriend.
The cops knew exactly who the girl was for she has been arrested 3 times already and is very unstable. So now my daughter has to basically be a prisoner in her own home until they feel she is safe. If she’s been arrested 3 times why is she still out? What’s it going to take to send her away? No, we don't live in a big city, we live out in the country but it happens here all the time. My daughter is a very beautiful girl and has been bullied at least six times in the past year. She once asked a girl why she hated her so much and she responded with because you’re so beautiful and everyone likes you. How awful that that someone would want to be hurt you because you’re pretty and popular. So after spending an hour and a half at the school I came home and collapsed. At the time I didn’t know I was moving around so fast but when I sat down after things calmed down I was like ouch!!!!! So here I sit in pain think about my daughter and how scared she must be. I told the cops that this girl been bother my daughter for two months and that I wasn’t that concerned because its just an empty threat and nothing ever happens, kids will be kids. He said that kids are not the same as they were 20 yrs ago and that I should have notified them when this started and it might not have escalated to this point and that we should call on every incident. If that’s that case I would be calling them constantly. What am I going to call when some kid tells my kid they hate her? How was I suppose to know that this kid quit school and is having major family problems. Thanks for making me feel it’s my fault Ahole!!!I have to pick her up everyday in the office until this is resolved. We were contemplating home schooling her this year because of all the problems she was having last year but we didn’t want her to think its ok to run away from your problems. Now we will definitely rethink our decision. My heart is just breaking!!!!-Kathy

• Sorry to hear the pain monster is showing his nasty teeth! I have to agree with your daughters school, kids are NOT the same as they were 20 years ago. When we were kids, if we said "I'm gonna kill you after school", you knew you were getting your butt kicked. Now a days, they mean "kill" in the literal sense. In 20 years in law enforcement I saw the change in the younger set all to clearly.

I hope this all gets resolved soon. I am guessing the kids parents are a waste of time to talk with? Sadly the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree sometimes! Rest up, feel better soon. *HUGZ*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Kathy that's awful but I can sympathize. Last spring my son texts me to pick him up before he gets expelled. I told him to call me on the office phone and he tells me there is a kid who wants money or he will beat him up. He wouldn't pay so the kid said he and his friends would see him at lunch.

I call the principal and tell her I want my son in her office until I get there. Flew out of work and got there in record time. THinking all sorts of crazy stuff. Turns out the principal handled it before I got there. The other kid was having major problems at home and needed money. The principal brought the kid in and he apologized to me sincerely. He and my son had already talked.

Luckily in my case it worked out. Wish there was such a quick solution for your daughter. Unfortunately the police are right.. in this day kids have no respect for life. When we were kids the girls fought with words but now they fight with knives. And they attack in packs.

You are right that she shouldn't learn to run away which means that you will have to pay the price. Is there any chance that the DA or police can talk this out with the girl? Hard to believe that this is what society is like.
  • I was just reading this post and wanted to know how things are going with your daughter?

Have you noticed any improvement with your aqua therapy?

Thinking of you,