Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Not really confident with hubby's PT therapist

beaverbbeaver Posts: 189
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Recovering from Surgery
We wanted one therapist but she was booked so suggested we go to her associate. Nice, young chap but.... last week whatever he did in the stretching, massaging part of hubby's back caused severe pain for three days. This week, the therapist we wanted, came in to check on things and she is so much more knowledgeable that him. Suggested he use lazar for the incision to prevent scar buildup and he replied that he does not use that. He also told hubby that he could pick up things weighing forty pounds as long as he squatted rather than bent over. I just don't know what to think.

• Switch to the therapist your husband likes best. It's his body.

Dave (HTTR)
  • Hi Beaver

Would recommend that you change your husband's therapist. Maybe he's not experienced with spine rehab?? My physio is a sports rehab therapist and I had to modify a lot of the exercises he gave me because they caused excessive pain.

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
  • Had a talk with the therapist that we wanted in the first place and explained his fears. She was most receptive and will fit him into her case load.
    But that will be after he recovers from having a major kidney stone attack and undergoing surgery on Wednesday. He has never had kidney stones before and the pain was horrendous. So much so, that they put him on morphine immediately when we went to emerge,kept him overnight and did a CAT scan early the next day. Then they operated as they said it was a very large stone. He spiked a fever in the recovery room so they kept him in for the next day to make sure he was ok. Poor guy, this has been a hard three months and he has been trying to do exactly what they tell him.
  • He really has been through a lot! Hope he is recovering well. You must be worn out from all of this too Beaver. Hope you can get some rest too!

My son broke his foot like Jayhawk did. He stubbed his left foot on a door frame. Broke two toes and a bone up in the foot. He is recovering ok but it was not fun. He is starting physio finally. Hope he gets someone good.

Hang in there!

P x