Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

woopsie, hope I did not do any damage

lisadaylenellisadaylene Posts: 79
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Recovering from Surgery
Ok, three weeks since my double fusion lumbar surgery. Everything going just fine, feeling better every day. Well, today, after a nap and medication, I was still sleepy, and I dropped my glasses. Well, I bent over "at the waist" to pick them up. I did it very slowly, have not felt any pain or anything. But I know that one of the rules after my surgery is NO BENDING. Should I be worried? Nothing feels wrong and I will be sure not to do it again. Next week I will see my physical therapist for the first time, and I will tell them. Please tell me that I am not the only one that forgot and bent over to pick up something up.

• Your not it happens to all of us. Just remember to uses better machanics.
  • and it's been fine. I actually inadvertently twisted whilst driving - it was a natural reflex. I did have a significant increase in back/leg pain afterwards, but will be careful to try and avoid doing it again if I can help it.

I think if you haven't experienced an increase in pain, you should be OK (but that's only my personal opinion).

I'm sure your physical therapist can put your mind at rest.

Do take extra care in the weeks to come!
    2 x Microdiscectomy 2005 / PLIFusion 2-level 2010 / revision surgery 2011 / NEVRO Senza spinal cord stimulator implanted February 2013. I WILL NOT GIVE IN / UP !!
  • SueD, thank you very much. I have not had any pain at all, which I am sure is a good sign that I did not do any damage. It is so hard, now that I feel so good, so remember that I have a long time until fusion takes place, and that there are cages and screws in my back. I will be seeing my physical therapist next week, and I am sure that everything is fine. Thank you for making me feel better, and yes, I am being very careful now.