Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Withdrawls

NCcrazysNNCcrazys Posts: 14
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:47 AM in Pain Medications
Hey everyone

I read alot of the post put dont post much. 10 days ago I saw my PM had a cervical injection and he asked if the methadone was still working. I was on 20mg 4 times a day and they were to the point that I needed a increase, the last one was 9 months ago. I have been on it for 3 years and have done the increases thru the years.I really did not want to go up to 100mgs a day, Just have read that is ALOT. So he switched me to embeda 30mgs 2 times a day and Morpine IR 15mgs a day.Long story short I went thru the WORST withdrawls for 7 days...Just glad I was mentally strong lol I was wondering if methadone and morphine go to different recpetiors in the brain ? Like I have one .. I should have asked more questions about switching , but he had ONE of those wailing !! patients in the next room lol I have been seeing him for 5 years now, and just wondered if he missed telling me something...Any input would be welcomed

Cervical fusion C4-6 Failed, thyroid cancer, wrist fusion,DDD L-5, Bone spurs though out the whole spine

Embeda 30 mgs, Morhine IR 15, Soma, Trazadone, Lyrica 100mg, Insulin injections
advertisement

Comments

• Sorry your having problems with the med switch. Morphine doesn't work on all people and maybe that has something to do with your major withdrawl symptons. I can take a very large dose of morhine and it does nothing for/to me. You would be wise to let the PM doctor know it didn't help for at least a week and ask the doctor if that is normal. Is the combo working now?
  • Yes, the new meds have worked to a point, as we all seem to know the ER morhine does not last 12 hours. It seems to last me 8 hours.