Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Honey = I'm home...

TraciTTraci Posts: 92
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well it is 5 am on tuesday. Had PLIF on Thurday the 16th which did not start until late in the day - 5:00pm. I decided to just stay focused and KNOW that it is all in God's timing. Got to my room at 10pm. Next morning I was up and at'em at 9am. Lots of pain. Hard to get out of bed and even harder to get back in. The dr keep me till Sunday and I got home about 1pm. Always good to be home. I now take percoet 10 *(1-2) every 6-8 hours along with something for nauesa. Soma has stayed the same with 1 every 8 hours. My husband is retired do there not sny "timelimits" in that area. I am retired also. Dr. said he will see me on 10-1-10 for post op checkup and staple removal. I have 27 staples over an area about 8 inches long. So glad to be on the road to recovery. I hope I will be able to help someone on here thy way ya'll helped me. More later...nite nite (again)

• Let the healing begin. :-)

I do hope that you will start to feel more comfortable very soon, and will notice that your pre-surgery pains have gone. Follow all the doctor's instructions and kick back and rest while your body heals.

Be patient with yourself. This recovery is going to take a while! We are hear for you while you recovering. :D
  • I am so glad to have this forum to talk too. A real Godsend. It is daylight now and I am on the from porch drinking some coffee. I will talk about more when I know more. Thanks again.
  • and that the healing can begin. I second everything that Jellyhall said!

Rest as much as you can. Don't overdo it and please don't get frustrated with yourself when you cannot do much. When you're feeling a little better, I found walking was the only thing that didn't hurt quite so much. I was very slow at first, but each day I walked a few steps more. It's a slow process!

For the first few weeks don't be afraid to accept any offers of help you may get.

When you're feeling a bit stronger, perhaps you'll let us all know how you're getting on OK?

2 x Microdiscectomy 2005 / PLIFusion 2-level 2010 / revision surgery 2011 / NEVRO Senza spinal cord stimulator implanted February 2013. I WILL NOT GIVE IN / UP !!
  • I hope you are starting to feel a bit better by now.It's difficult to know what is pre-surgery and what is surgical pain. Hopefully you will soon be pain free or at least mostly pain free!

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Please keep us posted on how you are doing.

• Glad to see you are on the other side now. :) With you and your other half retired, that is a stress reducer right there! No notes for work, no timeline to return, ahhhh.... Oh I forgot, you do have a job, the job of resting and healing! Congrats again!!! :)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • I'm so glad to hear your finally home after surgery. What a great feeling, isn't it?

Like everyone says, follow doc's orders, stay ahead of the pain, and don't overdo. Also, don't be dismayed if things get a little worse before they get better - it really does get better. Just measure improvement in weeks, not in days, and right now, maybe not at all for a few more weeks.

Good to hear from you!
  • Listen to everyone...Take time, don't rush. So glad you're back home. I'm 4 months out for s level plif, it's a wonderful feeling but you really can't rush.
  • Traci,

Good to hear you are home and have the surgery / hospital now behind you!

TLC is the best and hope that you allow yourself to rest well and trust that the body has an amazing ability to heal - - be patient and TLC to you right now...baby steps will change when the body is ready!

Wishing you well and remember to not push the process!
    Better days to unfold! :)