Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

up-coming Surgery

claudiacclaudia Posts: 167
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
GOOD MORNING, TUESDAY, I WILL HAVE MY NECK SURGERY!!!!!cannot deal with this crazzy weather in the windy city, it is all happening so fast, but i am cleared for medical and i am excited and nervous at the same time!!!!!c-4 through c-6, wish me luck all!!!!!!

• Best wishes for a favorable outcome and a tolerable recovery. I find that having the house "ready" is so important. Even down to the details of having a shower caddy in the shower so I can just reach out and grab stuff. Snack foods and comfort foods are really important to me, it may sound crazy but they give me something to look forward to every day.

Best wishes,

• Best wishes for a successful operation and smooth recovery, Claudia.
  • I wish much success on your surgery and a speedy recovery.

"C" is right on the money - having everything ready is imperative and those snack foods are wonderful. After both my surgeries I craved any dairy food and I looked forward so much to having my MIL caregiver run out to Dairy Queen and bringing me home a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup blizzard.

Take care and update us when you can.

• Howdy Claudia,

Got your PM, then saw this thread. :) Congrats on passing through your pre-ops, knew ya would! Treat yourself special tonight, and tomorrow you will move to the other side, and on the road of change. Please let us know how it went! Support *HUGZ* Claudia!!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Claudia,

Good luck with surgery tomorrow, and hopefully you wake up pleasantly surprised with the pain levels. Soon you will be on the other side and on the road to recovery. Update us as soon as you can on how it all went and your doing.
  • Best wishes for your surgery tomorrow and prayers for a complete recovery. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Wishing you a successful surgery and that your pain is kept to a tolerable level throughout your recovery.

I hope you notice a great deal of improvement with your current pains, once you have several weeks of healing behind you.

• sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I hope that your surgery went well and that you're not in a great amount of pain. Hope you woke up with less of the pain that brought you to this point.
    Take care and please let us know how you are.

• Well i must say doc , did a c-4 and c-5 -c- c-7,i was walking aroud rite after they culd not grt me to sit down, doc caled me the next day and heard i was doing great, he discharged me the next day, wel as for now u do not as much, the pain in back of my head/neck,. i am on the couch with plloes proped, ire all to inveton a recliner.it is not as bad as the 1st 2 back surgeries.i waoke at 3am, but am glad i did it now cannot deal with when the weather gets colder!!1i have a 6:30 am apppointment with surgeon i hope all looks good, yes i know it will take time to heal so must be patien, i will try, thank you all for your care and concern!!!
  • WELL I WAS IN ON TUESDAY surgery was at 11:00 am i was home late Wednesday afternoon, my voicam came back rite away, i still have trouble solids but drinking tea and o sprit, and cough drops hav tonsof popsicls and i saw the surgeron at 6:30 am i avery minak scar he said wear the hard collar or the sodt, i chosie to wear the hard color, then i can take a hot bath i also have a stimultor i wear fio 4 hours a, i t is reall y hard to find a position ti=o sllep been uopsince 10:37 pm, in chicago////////////////////111 so altogether, i have 18 screws 10 in my back now i hope that this is it!!! i think so positive i will get through this thank yo akk for yr concerns and well wishes, i do appreciate them , you all have bee so kind!! thank you all!!!!
  • Claudia,

Sounding better and better woman! Keep following your doctors orders to a tee, and hopefully soon you will be back to a normal life! *HUGZ* Thanks for giving us such a positive update. :)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.