Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

new to forum

reneesummer12rreneesummer12 Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in New Member Introductions
Ok I am a 33 year old woman. This is my first post. I am not even sure if I should be posting here because I do not even know yet what is wrong with me or what is causing my symptoms. It all started in Feb 2010. I woke up one morning with a really bad headache that I could not get rid of with otc meds. I went to the Dr who told me I had migraines. He gave me meds for this. They worked for a week or so. One Sat I woke up with a headache but also the right side of my face was numb and had pins and needle feeling in it. The headaches I was having were also only on the right side. I went back to see my family Dr. He started me on neurontin. I had been in pain for ten straight days when I couldn't take anymore. I was in tears one night and went to ER. The Dr there said we needed to rule out tumors and other brain disorders. He scheduled an mri for 2 days later, gave me a shot for my head and sent me home. I got the mri which was normal. Went to a neuro who didn't have the best bedside manner so I went to another. The second Nero said that trigeminal neuralgia was very uncommon in my age (which was what all my research had said as well). He also said that I didn't have the classic symptoms of it. He did blood work that was normal. By this time I was on 900mg of neurontin three times a day and still having Sharp pains in my head with continued numbness of face as well as painless muscle spasms, restless legs during sleep. He mentioned MS due to my age. Since I had been getting new symptom we decided to do an LP to check for Ms and other disorders. During this procedure in his office he had difficulty getting the needle in my spine and had to try 13 times before getting the sample of spinalW fluid. He said this was due to calcification on my spine in lumbar region. I have back pain at times but always thought it was that I needed a new mattress due to pain being in the morning. I am also a nurse and on my feet a lot. I just received the results of my LP which were negative for MS. I am so tired of not knowing what is wrong with me. Sorry for writing a book here but it does feel good to put it all down. Any help with this is appreciated.

• Sorry to hear you're having this pain right now. Hope we can help support you if you have a spine issue. I sent you a private message. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Welcome. We are happy to have you regardless of whether or not you have a diagnosis. I am so sorry you are in pain right now. You will find this is a great place to get support and be with others who understand your pain!

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. sorry to read your post that you are in so much pain and without much relief.. a good pain management doctor might be able to help you.. please have yourself checked by a good physcian.. we are so glad you stopped by,, this is a great place to make new friends and gather information.. good luck to you.. keep us informed. Jenny :)
  • Thanks so much. Today has been a bad day for me. I have had a headache all day once again. Face is more tingly feeling as well. I had to take a tylox along with my neurontin and tegretol. I am also having trouble getting comfortable today for some reason. It hurts to sit or walk. Lying down helps but I also have kids to care for.

O I wish I could get better for my family.
  • I can't stand headaches, but they know what causes most of mine. I hope that mystery is solved for you very soon, and too treatment to get rid of those buggers!

Welcome to Spine Health!! On here you can use the search box at the top of the web page. It might help in your research of symptoms, or too you may find others who were in the shoes you're in now. Support *HUGZ* I hope you're feeling better soon.

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.