Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Just a simple quote

DegenerativeShellyDDegenerativeShelly Posts: 279
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Matters of the Heart
Friends Will Walk In and Out Of Your Life and leave,
But Only True Friends Will Leave Footprints in your heart that will last forever♥

• A true friend takes you warts and all! :)

Good one Shelly B)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
    I believe all of us go through life with people we call acquaintances, co-workers, colleagues, classmates, roommates, neighbors, etc

But what makes any of those a Friend?

Is it time? Having a long term relationship with any of the above. I have a couple of long time friends, from back in high school. We see each other maybe once every other year, exchange a few emails during the year, but we always know that if either of us needed help, we would drop everything to be there for them.

I've always felt, we can't choose our family, but we can choose our friends.

To me, genuine friendship is one of the most magnificent gifts anyone can have
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Good comments there Ron. I use to say you had social friends, work friends, "Hi-bye" friends (you just said hi and bye as you passed each other), and true friends. When I was a kid a so called friend told me that we couldn't be friends anymore because we weren't 'rich' like her family. That hurt. I got home, my dad consoled me and said "True friends take you warts and all."

They don't take you for status, they don't care if you dress different, they don't make demands or give ultimatums if you don't do what they want - "won't be your friend if you don't do..." Stuff like that. I have never forgotten that talk with my dad. Funny thing, I DID reconnect with that 'ex' friend 35 years later - and we talked for 6 hours on the phone! She was just as torn as I ...as her MOM is the one that made her break up with me. It was her decision to tell me why. Interesting how that works out. And yes, I don't think knowing someone for a few weeks or months equals true friends. It is something that builds over time. :)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • I do think that we all have many diff. kinds of friends in our lives - and all are needed 1 way or another. Im lucky to have a group of very close friends (some Ive known since childhood) who are very accepting of my new "issues". I do have others who have dropped by the wayside, but plenty more who have become better friends b/c they are here for me now - and I have been, or will be when they need me. Its all about give and take... those 1 sided "friendships" where all you do is give and give, are not healthy and really not even owrth the time and effort on a regular basis!