Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

problems walking and standing

teddiectteddiec Posts: 1
years ago i was treated with rt leg numbness and pain,had injections that didnt take,while working starting getting worse and hard to walk.my lower back burns and starts cramping up and feels like its going to break.after walking for a few minutes at a time my back and hips start shooting sharp pains down both legs.recently haveing trouble sleeping my back wakes me up with sharp knife stabbing pains.and hard to get up .i have to roll to my hands and knees to try to stand up.i have to support my body on my left leg .and when i kneel down i have to pull up on something or have somone lift me up .the pain now in my knees wont let me stand up .anyone have any ideas whats going on.doctors tell me i have degenerative disk decease and bursitis in my knees .butt not sure still whats going on.

• Teddie,

Greetings, and a hearty Welcome to Spine Health!! Sorry to hear you are having problems walking and standing - and too getting up from kneeling. What sort of doctors have you been too?

You said that when you kneel, and start to get up, you need to hold something to get up, or have someone help you up. Any pain in your knee? Pain radiating or in your lower back? What symptoms are you experiencing? I had my left knee operated on in '89' as it would lock up, or hurt like hades etc. But it was my knee then...

Degenerative disk disease can cause a LOT of pain, but not sure about the rest. Logic tells me if the disks are drying up or losing height, then a nerve can come into play. But a doctor who specializes in spines is who you need to get with to find out for sure if it is DDD, or if something else is now going on. Sorry, none of us are doctors, and we can only comment based on our own knowledge/experience. I hope you find relief. Please keep us posted.

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • hello lost yr number, but i had c-4-5 c5-6c-7 w. 8 screws, i went in on tueday was out by Wednesday, late afternoon, he said i was dong good walking around like would only stop to take a nap, my scar is very miminl, send me in apm yr number, well it has not been 5 days he pulled the steri strip out yesterday, can usE the soft collar now f =i want, but i will wait a cople of days til it is dry and i can tkae along bathh, rite now, I TAKE A BIRD BATHE LOL LOL, WE WELL I AM DRINKING SOUP AND TEA CANNOT SOLLOW YET, BUT MY LOUD ASS VOICE I BACK LOL LOL
  • sound like you might have nerves problem.yYou need to get it check out by your DR

• HI Teddie,

First let me say welcome to spine-health. Have a look around and you will find many here going through what you are.

You said you had injections some time back? What type of injections did you have done and what were they targeting specifically? That might give us some more information as to what is going on.

It is true you could have two different issues going on, one being a lumbar issue and the other being knee issues. But your going to need a doctor to make those diagnoses. If you only seen one doctor you might want to get a second opinion

What type of imaging studies were done to diagnose you with degenerative disc disease. Also have you tried any physical therapy to help out? Are you currently using any medications and if so what type of medications?

AS far as degenerative disc disease if you will use the search bar at the top of the page you will find some very good articles on degenative disc disease and what it means and different alternative treatment options.

Just thought I would stop by and welcome you to spine-health. If there is anything I can do don't hesitate to pm me. Take care and look forward to reading more of your post.