Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I Did a 5K!!

lisa burekllisa burek Posts: 855
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Good News
Hi Fellow Spineys,

Just had to tell everyone that my daughter and I walked a 5K/3 mile fundraiser this morning. OK, so I came in DEAD LAST, with the ambulance following us laggers, but I did it!!

What an absolutely beautiful day! We walked past some farmland and a bunch of cows, a christmas tree farm, lovely foliage, blue skies...and it was all for a good cause: a fundraiser in memory of a soldier from town who lost his life fighting for our Country.

There were several people who said that I am crazy, or I can't do that "with my back problem", etc. I am glad I proved them wrong. Of course, we'll see how hurting I am tommorow and the next day (G).

Take care everyone,

• Good for you woman!!! Hopefully you won't suffer too badly, it was for a good cause after all! Plus too you got time with your daughter - that right there makes it worth it! Congrats!!!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • That's great for you to take up the challenge and succeed! It's a good cause to walk for. I hope you don't feel it so much for the next day or so. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Dead last...but there is no shame in that, Lisa!!! How did it feel to cross that finish line. You give everyone here hope that they too can one day do a 5K...way to go, Lisa!!!!!!

• Awesome Lisa :)

Sounds like you had fun. Yous weren't dead last, your were just supervising the end group :D

• JulieA said:
    Awesome Lisa :)

Sounds like you had fun. Yous weren't dead last, your were just supervising the end group :D

I like that! Or, she was FIRST in her daughters eyes!! :)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.

• Sounds like you had a lovely day for it and beautiful views.

Well done, it must give you hope for the future.

Lovely to share it with your daughter too :D
  • That's fantastic!!! Dead last my ... you know what! You DID it!!! That alone makes you first! I'm so happy for you- I miss walking more than anything, and a walk for a good cause tops all :)

I hope you don't feel any negative effects from your day out :) Thank you so much for sharing!
  • You guys are the best!! Such wonderful support and cheering, makes my heart swell :) This is why I check in to this site EVERY day. I might not always have something to post, but you are always in my thoughts and prayers.

I'll report on my pain level tommorow, but it is worth it(G).

Thanks again for all of your cheers!

• 1st god bless that soldier and his family.

Julie's post was great, and you did a great job and made us all proud.
    Next thing we know your gonna tell us you did a marathon.

Keep going and never say never. =D>
  • Well, the 5K aftermath hasn't been as bad as I thought it might be (yeah). My hips are aching the most, suprisingly. I think arthritis is setting in there big time. I guess my spine was feeling lonely so the hips figured they would join in!

Have a good day spineys,