Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Welcome to Thoracic Park!

DominolaDDominola Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in New Member Introductions
Was on vacation last week and was sucked into the ocean in Puerto Rico and spit back onto some rocks. fractured C5 & T5-7. Had surgery on Friday for some painful new back screws and found this awesome site during a sleepless pity party in my head.
Anyone out there recovering from surgery interested in buddying up? I want to beat this thing kicking and screaming (got the screaming part down already). Looking for someone who is going through the same thing and who would like to give and get some encouragement.
Please let me know if you are interested and hope you all are fighting through this and feeling ok.

• Welcome to Spine-Health. You'll find a lot of great articles and videos on this site and the members of the forum are great, they're very helpful, knowledgeable and supportive.

I think on these forums we're all buddies. We don't all share the same problems exactly, but all of us know what it's like to have spine problems and most of us know what it's like to have spinal surgery.

I hope you'll enjoy the company of the other members, whether they share you situation or not - because like I said, we all now what it's like to have our spines yelling and screaming at us.

You'll get all the encouragement you need here and that's why this is such a great site. Not only can you get the technical info you need or want, but you'll make friends here on the forums and get support and others' experiences.

Take care and keep on asking questions and offering up your own experiences and support.

• Wow! You must have been through a very difficult time, having had 4 fractured vertebrae.
    There are some on Spine Health who have suffered fractured vertebrae and a lot of us who have had spinal/fusion surgery.

I really feel for you and know that recovery, particularly from thoracic surgery, is very tough. Hang in there! You are so very early on in your recovery, and I am very impressed that after just 3 days, you are up to posting here. Well done!! :D

What sort of access did they do on your thoracic spine to get to those vertebrae?

You will find a lot of very friendly people here who can empathise with some of what you are going through. We will support you through this. :-)

Hope that your pain is being well controlled.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. what a horrible accident to be in.. i am sorry for your pain! i know you will find plenty of buddies here and being on SH during your recovery is sure to make you feel better!! please stop by anytime! we are so glad you stopped by! Jenny :)
  • Hi.. Your post made me laugh! Hope your doing okay. I'm sure you are having good days and bad days at this point. Keep up with the humor thats the best pain killer. Well, I could think of some others too ;)