Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

pain, one person's review

nancynnancy Posts: 38
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Chronic Pain
Hello fellow friends, This website has saved my life on many occasions. I wrote this poem on a bad day and thought I would share it. There are some better days, thank goodness.
It is hard to describe,
Some days not so bad.
Others, it strikes at time of awakening.

You want to arise with feeling good,
You want to, and you should,
But sometimes, your body just feels like cement.

I want to feel good,
I don't like who I've become.
I use to be so happy.
I want to be that person again.

Friends are getting tired of me,
I am getting tired of me.
People use to love having me around,
Now they are chosing to stay away.

Pain is very lonely.

• pain and the lonely ..its with you all the time and at the moment i can't cope with it .i have too much going on in my head and i have been suffering for too long and its taken its toll on my both physically and mentally ..the 12 Oct cant come soon enough as i find out when i am going in for my operation
  • Thanks for sharing Nancy >:D<

It is true- pain is lonely. I have been strugling a lot with it lately. The more we are in pain the less we get out the more isolated we become- it is a vicious cycle.

• Thanks for sharing. I think many of us stop complaining so others don't stay away but then it eats at us inside if we don't remind each other that we all have our down days.

Keep your chin up.
  • For me, you hit the nail on the head when you wrote:

I want to feel good,
    I don't like who I've become.
    I use to be so happy.
    I want to be that person again

I think we can all identify with your poem to some extent. For me personally, when people ask me things like "How are you now?". I don't know about you, but I get fed up talking about myself and my back. I just think that if I'm fed up with it, what must other people think - so I just answer "Fine!" or "I'm getting there" and leave it at that.

I agree that it is lonely because the pain we feel is hidden and, unless anyone you talk to has experienced chronic back pain themselves, it's difficult for them to fully understand how it can affect EVERY aspect of your daily life.

Thanks for sharing your poem Nancy.
    2 x Microdiscectomy 2005 / PLIFusion 2-level 2010 / revision surgery 2011 / NEVRO Senza spinal cord stimulator implanted February 2013. I WILL NOT GIVE IN / UP !!

Standards agreement and posting rules
    Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

Post Edited by Moderator haglandc

• Couldn't agree more with all of you!
  • Hiya >:D< that poem is so true, you have said it for all of us :? I know exactly where you are coming from 8> remember you are not alone :) we are always here for you :) >:D<

Angie :H
This discussion has been closed.