Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

PRE physical wed

johnb3207jjohnb3207 Posts: 99
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well I go to get my Pre physical done wed Oct 6 then go meet with Dr and anesthesiologist on Fri and have it all explained to me and what to expect and for me to ask questions ..then the 14th I have my L5 S1 fusion done
starting to get gitty lol nervs starting to kick in but
I am still excited to have it done as well so will keep you all informed... Thanks all you all are awesome

• good luck to you and as I do no understand the L's and the S's I cannot really understand what you are having done, I had a large fusion done back in 2000, most of my spine, but now the lumbar region has given away to the structure on top, The spine has shifted forward and to the side also, and is bone on bone, and I am facing another surgery in the not too distance future. I was cut from my upper back down around my side over to my navel, and had a rib removed. I also have an 8 in scar on my hip where they scraped bone as I understand it. It was surely grueling but I truly believe I would not be walking by now had I not had it done. So are you having a fusion, it sounds like it.
    Do you have a lot of pain? Did you get a 2nd opinion?
    If you have any questions for me I will be happy to answer them for you as best I can. It was 10 yrs ago, so I am sure they do things differently now, well some of it anyway. Good luck to you and a speedy recovery! Tara
  • Yes Princess it will be fusion for me yes I have pain
    and do not sleep much ...I have had second opinion
    and the supposedly the best nero in the state of iowa
    did not want to just trim my disc which is what I thought would happen again had that done 15 years ago
    he said I needed fusion after looking at mri My disc is ruptured and he told me def need fusion so went to his partner and he was agreeing but did not want to do it as my condition he did not like so went to his choice and he looked at mri and decided he would do it
    so I am a bit nervous