Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Can life be too short?

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,045
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:47 AM in Depression and Coping
Here are some words that I've said over and over to myself:

Life is short. Eternity isn't. So, live it to the fullest! Enjoy all that it has to offer.
Allow Love to be your leader in your life. Love whatever you have to do, thus you will always be able to do what you love and to love what you do.

Those are not my words, but something someone has written. They go on to talk about that you need to love everyone and love yourself, accept everyone and find a purpose in life.

Well, those are all nice words, but the original passage is something I can believe in and make it work.

I think all the motivational passage like the one I just posted are very helpful. But are they the answer for all ,
especially considering what we have to deal with.

Hope is something that is so very important to all of us.
And it is more than a dream, it is what drives us all
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
advertisement

Comments

• It sounds similar to Deserada. Very motivating to be alive and find our purpose.
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • never be reminded enough...thank you, Ron!
  • your words were beautifully uplifting and inspiring!! I can either make my pain 1% or 100% of my day.I can choose to live each day in a mode of hope, rather than despair. This site has helped me immensely and I've only just joined 5 days ago.Thank you for starting my day with more perspective, and positivity!!!
  • Whether you think life is too short or too long, either way we certainly don't want to be miserable.

If it's too short, why waste it being miserable?

It it's long, well then we certainly don't want to spend it miserable.

Find Peace within.
  • when the bad is so loud and large in our lives.

Thank you for sharing this. It is a beautiful, peaceful way to live your life. I'm not sure where, but I feel like I've read this before... when he was alive, my dad was a big reader and, epecially during times of peace (between us) I would read whatever he was reading or hear him when he shared things...like, when he would talk of people in remote areas of the world and all hell is breaking loose around them...weather, war, mans inhumanity towards each other... and yet, they could still smile at something of beauty... maybe reading/hearing of that as a child made a positive impression.

I think life can be too short to have regrets and much much too long when, towards the end, you think of the should have and could have's...

It is a way for me to live life and create my own peace and happiness, regardless of what is going on around me?
    There are only so many hours in a day- do I want to spend them angry at the guy that cut me off on the road this morning or happy that my nephew still waves to me when I pass him in the morning (at almost 8, with a bunch of his boy pals... this is awesome and heartwarming), shall I fume at something a loved one may have said in a thoughtless moment, or focus on the fact that I have them in my life?

Life can be short, why focus on the things that hurt us or makes us miserable...while it can be so much harder ,am I not at my best when enjoying all of the things that bring love and happiness.... and peace into my life?

Ron, Thank you for sharing this on a day that I needed reminding :)

• I do feel life can be to short. I have suffered with depression most of my life. Before my accident I was in a good place where I was working full-time going to school and volunteering one night a week. I felt good. I decided to go on a trip on my own to learn and to meet new people. I researched this trip for a year before I went. 3 days into it, I fell off a cliff in one second my life changed.

I try everyday to see the positives of the last 2 years but as we know pain can really screw that up for us!

I do belive that things happen for a reason and I have learned so many life lessions.

Life is short but it seems long and never ending when your in pain.

Ron, thank you for starting this thread..

• Do I plan my day, so that I maintain my body in perfect condition, so when I hit the casket, I have gone through life, taking the less dangerous path, the less exciting, maybe even dull. Do I save myself, in case I need strength later, or....

Or do I live for the thrill, try to, even strive to push MY limits, break myself once in a while and then even have to put up, with working on repairing myself, rehabilitating, so I may go back and keep pushing myself. I plan, even expect to hit the casket, with a smile on my face, because each day, I have tried to live it to the best of my ability, and enjoyed it to the fullest. I'll jump out of the "human" race, with smoke still rolling off the tires, and hope that all around me have been brightened a little by my words and presence.

giddy up!
  • O:) We all have pain, we all have strengths. I use my strengths to get me through the pain. The length of my life, only my creator knows, but what is the width of my life? Did I fill it with things that are good, did I make a difference? I would rather go to my creator with a big width, than a skinny one! :) Try to find some humor, it will get you through some hard times.

Thanks Ron, your words are uplifting.
  • thanx for sharing make me think about many things sometimes u just lost ur track of life u need to pull urself up
advertisement