Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

NumbskullNNumbskull Posts: 1,526
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:47 AM in Lighten and Brighten
Sending a shout out to all mt fellow Canadian spineys, have a safe and happy Thanksgiving, filled with family, love and joy!! Oh, and turkey and stuffing, too :)
Kelly
APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
advertisement

Comments

• Have a good day and I'm so thankful to have such a great country. I have good memories of Thanksgiving when I was younger. Just me and hubby tomorrow but hopefully will see or talk with more family members tomorrow. Turkey and cranberry sauce and stuffing look out! Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Had 18 family members over and it was wonderful to see how much the nephews and nieces have grown into fine young adults. Did the traditional dinner and pigged out on pumpkin pie and cherry cheesecake. And Charry, you are so right that we are privileged to live in this country.
  • Happy Thanksgiving >:D< >:D< >:D< to you all :) , can someone explain to me what is thanksgiving, i mean is there a story behind it? (like christmas)

Angie :H

• Happy Thanksgiving to each of our Canadaian spineys! Hope you had a wonderful day without excessive pain.
    Linda

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,060
    For so many years, I looked at Thanksgiving as another holiday, full of food, watching football and being with the family.

About 7 years ago, most of that changed for me. My daughter started to have Thanksgiving at her house. But the people coming were not always the same.

She asked my wife if there were some patients in the hospital that had no family, no place to go for Thanksgiving, She asked my son if there were friends down in NYC who had no family to go to, we knew older couples, who were going to be by themselves.

They were all invited to my daughter's house. That was the start, and even since then, this holiday has been one that is for other people, not family.

We try to set an environment that we can show how thankful we are for what we have... And then help others try to enjoy that.

To us, that what Thanksgiving is about, being thankful for what we have and helping others. That doesnt change from one country to another
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • That is so great Ron! At my old base, when I couldn't get home for a holiday, I used to do the same, have friends over whose families were too far away for them to get to, especially the guys that lived in barracks (turkey dinner at the mess is nothing to be thankful for LOL). One of my friends who I always had over and I were just talking about the last one just the other day, I don't any of us that night ever laughed so hard in our lives. Dinners like that create such wonderful memories, don't they?
    And yes, no offense to my fellow American spineys, I do believe us Canadians live in the greatest country ;)

To Angie;

Thanksgiving actually started in the states, by the pilgrims who came over from Britain! I imagine the tradition came came up to Canada when the Loyalists (to the crown) moved up here from the states. Here's a link that explains the history of the holiday:

http://wilstar.com/holidays/thankstr.htm
    Kelly
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • Papa >:D< , that is so wonderful of your daughter to do that! She must be a special person O:)

Kelly, Thankyou for explaining that to me :D

Angie >:D< :H
  • Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I was lucky enough to have one of my boys and his girlfriend here, as well as my parents. My son and his girlfriend spent two weeks in Tanzania, South Africa in August, so they brought their photo album to share with all of us. We had ham one night, full turkey dinner the next, and lots of turkey sandwiches afterwards!

This year we didn't have any "extras" at dinner, but we have often had "orphans" at Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner, and it makes the holiday that much more special.
advertisement