Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Good news for once

jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Today was my 6 month appointment to go over my mri and x-ray of my neck from my surgery. I am happy to say after 10 years and 4 failed surgeries, the 5th surgery has worked. I am fused 100%. I have no restrictions for the first time in 10 years. Do anything I want and my body will tell me what not to do. I sat in shock as my surgeon told me this. I think he was as excited as I was. He came into my room and said come with me I want to show you something. He took me to the x-ray room and showed me the bone growth. It is fused!!!!! All I can say is WOW IT FINALLY WORKED! No more fears of falling, no more fears of being paraylsed . Sure I have pain but it from all the surgeries and structural and tissue damage. BUT IM FUSED. Now for the bad news,ordered a new MRI for my back to see what course of action to take. Last MRI showed bone on bone. But the way Im looking at this is Im half way there of being fixed. There may be an end in sight after all!

• Great news, Susan--I'm so happy for you! You need to take yourself out to eat or some way to celebrate this momentous occasion. =D>

I do believe you're jazzed enough over 100% fusion (wow!) that whatever your MRI shows you'll be ready for it. You go, girl! >:D<

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • Excellent news, congrats!

• I'm happy for you and hope for whatever else is ahead you'll get through it. Praying for your complete recovery. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • So good to hear your fusion has been successful!!

How cool of your doctor to the joy of that result and being very glad for you too! :)

Susan, hope you can see yourself continuing to do well, and your recovery more complete on all levels!!

• Susan,

So good to hear! Awesome for you, congrats!!! Bet your smile is ear to ear today!! :)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Susan, so happy for you. Wow, to have to go through 4 surgeries for the 5th to finally work: you should go out to dinner for sure, say in Italy!!

Its always great to hear when us spineys catch a break (bad pun) and get good news to celebrate.

• Susan, I am so pleased for you. Well done! You fused!

• news you are fused , what a huge releif that must be , celebrations in order , yes ? i do so hope your other issues can be lessened ,
    flower :)