Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Please Help, What did I injure?!

rnemlingrrnemling Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Hello, Last week I played softball and my back has been in pain ever since and getting worse by the day. The pain is about 3/4 way up my back slightly left of center, and feels to be under my lat maybe on the back of my rib cage or left side of the spine? All the muscles in this area now feel tight. If anyone can tell me what i did and best remedy, i.e. chiropractor or massage, I would really appreciate it as I am having a hard time sitting down right now.

Thank you very much

San Luis Obispo, CA

• Hiya , Welcome to Spine Health >:D< Can i ask have you been checked out by a doctor? :? If you have not,it is worth going to see one! Please let us know how you get on :? , PM me if you want to :H

Angie :)
  • Hi Rich,

Welcome to the Spine-Health support forum. You've come to the right place to gather information and both get and give support to others.

There's no way anyone here can tell you what has happened to your back, but I imagine you do know that. Please share with us what has been done for you so far (if anything) and we can maybe help you understand your test results. As Angie pointed out, you may want to see a doctor about your continuing pain from what sounds like muscle spasms.

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • Hi and thanks,

I went to a chiropractor who said that from my description and from examining my back, he concluded that my injury was to one of my ribs. I'm not sure exactly what, maybe some cartilage slipped between a couple ribs or something, but after some massaging and an adjustment I felt much better. I wouldn't say I'm 100 percent yet but I did instantly feel much better.

Let me know if that all sounds right.

• Glad you are feeling a bit better. You might want to see an orthopedist if the pain isn't gone within another day or so. If you feel any pain when breathing or more pain when moving I wouldn't wait. Injuries to the ribs can affect your lungs and other organs so I like to be extra cautious.

Did the chiro give you any indication of how long it would take to heal? I also tend to be cautious of getting a diagnosis from the same person who would do long term treatment. Kinda a conflict there.

Anyway...hope you are feeling better and this is just a simple injury.
  • Rich glad to hear your feeling a little better >:D< But you know , you can not be to careful where your back is concerned(based on my own experiences, i would not take any chances if i were you)I have to agree with Kris-NY, its still worth you getting checked out by an orthopedic surgeon >:D<

Angie :H