Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Best wishes for Ron (dilauro)

sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I just wanted to start a post for everyone to wish Ron the best of luck with his second shoulder replacement surgery. I hope that everything goes as planned and that his recovery is an easy one.

Ron is a great friend to many. He has always been here for me whenever I needed help, advice or just friendship. I want him to know that I'll be here for him also.
He is a great administrator but he is also much more. He really cares for the members here on spine health and is always willing to help in anyway he can.

Good luck my friend. Hope you're able to be back posting soon.

• I certainly agree with you!
  • Good luck Ron.

May you have a swift recovery and a cute nurse :)

• Ron, Good luck with your surgery. I know you already have a "cute nurse" at home. With your wife being a nurse, you will have great care. Julie's wish for you is certain to make you smile while you flirt with your cute hospital nurse. =D>

I hope your surgery and recovery goes well.
    Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • Best of luck for a complete and speedy recovery.
  • Hopefully your surgery is over and you are resting in your room. Now you can rest, relax and not rush your recovery! Best wishes and thoughts for your recovery. :) *HUG*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Hope everything worked out well and that you're back in your room and well medicated ;) Take care, heal well and feel better soon!
  • Ron has helped me with a computer problem I had. He is always willing to give of himself to help others. My best wishes to you now, Ron, as you begin this recovery. We're sending healing thoughts your way.

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • I've had a rotator cuff repair on each side and can't even imagine what a replacement must be like. You take care and I hope you have a quick recovery.
    3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • Hope you have a smooth surgery and a good recovery.

God Bless
    AL S
  • I need to chime in here and send good (no, great) wishes your way on your surgery and recovery. My guess is that you'll be back at 'em before you're supposed to, so try to take it easy and be patient during your recovery.

Luckily, you only have two shoulders so this should be it...

Take care, my friend, and hope all goes well and you have a swift recovery.

• Best wishes to you Ron. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

• Sending my thoughts and prayers your way during this difficult time. Hoping an easy,healing and speedy recovery finds you.

Get well Soon, Julie
  • I've seen many posts from you supporting others through their various problems - and it's nice to see so many people wishing you well after your surgery. I do hope your recovery runs smoothly and that any discomfort you may be feeling now can be managed well. You take care!
    2 x Microdiscectomy 2005 / PLIFusion 2-level 2010 / revision surgery 2011 / NEVRO Senza spinal cord stimulator implanted February 2013. I WILL NOT GIVE IN / UP !!
  • Ron,

I wish you all the BEST with this next step. I hope that all goes smoothly with your surgery and recovery. Thank you for all that you do for all of us. May you be blessed!

glo :)
  • He sounds in good spirits, which is always a good thing.

They removed more bone in his shoulder than anticipated, caused him some extra pain, but he was told this will allow him more movement.

Now the recovery begins!

Wishing Ron excellent pain control and a great recovery.

Tammy >:D<
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    Thanks for letting us know Tammy.

I knew he was going to have a more extensive surgery this time but I'm glad he sounds in good spirits.

It's only been one week tomorrow so hopefully he's feeling much better already. I hope his recovery goes smoothly and as painfree as possible.

Thanks again Tammy.

• Thanks for the update! Good spirits is a great sign for sure! :)

• Thinking of you Ron ((hugs )) :)
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • climbing out of the valley. So happy to know that you are over the operation and on the mend. Best wishes.
  • have a smooth recovery and great news, your going to have more movement than expected. wonderfull to hear your in good spirits
    sending you positive healing energy
  • I have heard from Ron and he is on the other side and onto recovery at home now. He appreciates all the well wishes, thoughts and concerns from everyone. They had to remove a lot more bone in the surgery so he has much more pain with this surgery, but does already have more ROM than he did with the prior surgery. I am certain he will be reading the boards just not posting or answering anything. But he wanted everyone to know how he was doing and say a big thanks to you all for the support and concerns.
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    Thanks tamtam for the update.

Ron, I'm sorry you're having so much pain. Hopefully the worst is over and you'll soon be on the mend. Take care of yourself and don't worry about any of us here. All the administrators, mods, and authorities are doing a great job.

Get better soon my friend.
  • Hope surgery went well Ron' Resctrictions are as follows= No writing warnings for at least 6 months. Ok spineys''Bring out the beer and the dancing girls. Wish you a fast recovery Ron. From what i read, as many surgeries that you had, hopefully this will be a walk in the park. And of course hopefuly is last surgery for ya. Alex'
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • well, yes, Ron -- keyboarding can cause shoulder pain, so perhaps Alex is right. I hope you're doing well. I had a debridement, rotator cuff repair, and some nonsense with the removal of the end of my collarbone and a screw put in back in July. The doctor also said he removed most (or all) of my bursa, so I've been re-growing a new one. I saw the photos, and the end of my collarbone at the shoulder socket looked like a row of crack-head teeth. Yellow, brown, cracked, chipped, and rotten looking. When he finished, I had nice white bone and no debris. Feels great now and I have full range of motion. I hope you get there soon!
    3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • A new one for "post surgery needs"..voice recognition software! (G) I hope each day is getting better for you Ron. Sending you positive energy for continued strength and fast healing!! *HUGZ*