Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

pain management

seajeff30sseajeff30 Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Chronic Pain
hey, my name is jeff. i've never posted before. have read some great stuff. a little about my self. had a non displaced c-2 fracture. plus finished off my lower back. you name it i got it. been in pain management almost6 yrs. now. it drives me crazy. can't find no happy meadimuns. family member doesn't understand. have to addict step chrilden. she put me in there class. if olny everyone could walk in my shoe's for a day. depression like crazy. finally got physc. approval. can't wait. but main thing is for the moment is i had a disco gram done a month ago. all 5 lumbar disc's are pain generators. (3) being worse the the others. now it seems like everyone is scared to touch me. running out of options. pain meds an't getting it.

lost & confused

• Your picture looks rough brother. LOL! Not being funny, but you look the worse for wear for sure! That’s too bad about the addict part, that is very annoying. Yes, if only other people could walk in our shoes for a few days, they’d change their tune pretty quickly! I often think my husband is such a wuss over a stomach ache, then has the nerve to think I’m a puss. What nerve, what nerve… If he had this nerve pain, he’d be laying on the couch 24/7 bawling like a baby. Hopefully Straker (Toni) reads this, he just had the discogram done too and is looking forward to some pretty horrendous surgery. What type of pain meds have you tried? Sometimes different types work better and others not so well depending on the individual. Welcome to the site. It is a good place for emotional support and to talk without judgement. I sure do get a lot out of it! Best wishes - Marion
  • I'm confused. Why won't anyone touch you? The C2 fracture will heal on it's own if it is non displaced. I had two vertebra fractures in surgery and they are doing fine now.

The lumbar discs may be causing pain but the exact how is important. A minor herniation can cause major pain and a discectomy will cure that pain. So depending on exactly what is happening at each level would determine what could/should be done.

What did the doc who ordered the discogram have to say? There are different approaches so you should get a second opinion as well. If the doctors are refusing you there must be something else going on.

As far as PM it is not an exact science. Even when the right meds are found something else changes and they need to be adjusted. Having addicts in your family should raise a few flags. Since they aren't blood relatives they don't signal a biologic predisposition to addiction. But when an addict has access to your home and potentially your medication you need to be vigilant. Many people on here have had their meds stolen by family members. It happens.

I hope you have more success getting answers from your doctors. Don't give up, there is an answer out there.
    there saying that all fivr lumbar discs are pain generators. with 3 being worse then the other 2. they said that there is data out there now saying not to do a five level fusion. because you will go through a glory period for some time. but that it will turn into failed back sidrone. i know i have 2 her. 3 buldging. slippage. stonoses. nerve impingment cracks tears you name it i got it. as far as the c-2 i walked around just over a month misdienosed with whip lash. it turned into severe torrticolis. my head is stuck to my right shoulder. for 20 months now.
  • Jeff,

Is all your injuries from the same accident or did you have the lumbar issues prior to the accident? I completely understand your frustrations with being mis diagnosed it is hard, but you have to keep on looking for answers. One thing to keep in mind is that all spines after the age of 25 are going to show problems. Discograms are not the all in all as to diagnosing your issues. There aren't to many doctors that are willing to do a five level lumbar fusion on someone. Part of the problem is the fusion will take all of your movement out of the lumbar spine.

Whom told your pm doctors about the issues with drugs in your home by non relatives? See if you can seek out the help of a physiatrist to help you find some ways to deal with your pain. How many surgical opinions did you get? Do you have a copy of the discogram report itself? I would gather all your records yourself and seek out another opinion. This is your spine and your not going to get another one, so you need to advocate for yourself.

But one thing for sure is we all understand the pain you are in and we will try to help in anyway we can. Sounds like your neck is going to take some time to heal. How long have you been in the brace and are you still in it? Keep us posted and I do hope you get more opinions.
  • hey jeff know you are not alone about family not understanding your pain and understand why you are on pain meds don't let them get to you
  • I was suffering from severe chronic pain. The pain was just killing me. I could not tolerate at all. I tried out with all types of medicines. But it was utter waste. Finally I found the remedy with URL Removedand their hypnotherapy treatment. Thanks to them, since I am completely relieved out of my back pain.

Standards agreement and posting rules
    Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

Post Edited by Moderator haglandc
  • Pain management involve the cause of pain and information about the medication given. There are several methods involve to handle the pain sometimes medication, some therapy, psychological counseling, acupuncture etc. to get relieved form pain.
This discussion has been closed.