Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Getting So Frustrated With my Group

bep1224bbep1224 Posts: 103
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Pain Management
I have been going to the same PMgmt group for 2 yrs now and was sent there by the Neurosurgeon after he could not do any more for the pain I kept feeling after Lumbar Discetomy.I have jumped through every hoop they have told me to jump through. (Therapies, injections, dry needling, SCS trial Failure) Through out this 2 year span I have done my occasional urine test (pass with no problems) and I have no problem doing them because I signed the contract and understand why they do them. It's for my health so I am thankful for them. Since I have been there they have gotten larger and expanded the office. It has turned into a absolute mess for us patients. You never see anyone but the PA and there are 3 that are very different from each. You take who you get. I now am having billing problems from them concerning what my Insurance will pay because they have not written something up right or didn't get precertification, ect. I have one case where I was told to throw a bill away that I recieved from a Lab that had done one of my drug test for PMgmt. Not to worry about it. That did not sound right. After some checking that was not what should have happened. The test should have been precert. PM said they would resubmit and take care of it, no problem. One month later get the bill again (243.55) Here we go again. Now the story is Family Dr should have precert it not PM who gave me the test. I was on the phone to Ins., PM, Family Dr and finally wham zam taken care of. Or so I thought until yesterday, there in the mail was the letter again telling me I have 2 weeks to pay or it is getting turned over to collections. I am so frustrated beyond word. I think I need Anger Mgmt now. Talk to PM still getting run around, talked to Insurance and if by next week something is not done, then I guess I will pay this bill because it is not worth my credit having a bad mark on it. I have worked over 30 years to have an excellent rating and am not going to ruin it now. But I just might be done with this Pmgmt place. I am sure I can find someone who can put in the pump for me and that will keep it going. I have lost all faith in this place. I will talk to the big Dr on my next appt because she wants to hard sale me on a pain pump. She will be surprised how she lost that business over 243.55 and her office staff stringing me along for 5 months. But then again I guess we are a dime a dozen to them and when I leave she will suck the next pain ridden person in. I guess this puts me in the catergory of Dr shopping then by trying to find someone to put in a pain pump and manage it for me without making me rejump through all the hoops again. We shall see. BP

• j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    It sounds to me like you need a new pain management Dr. ONE WHO DEALS ON A PERSONAL BASIS! Even though a Dr. may have hundreds of patients. I would think that after 2 yr. He would be on a personal raporte (sp) with you. And that is important. To be seen by someone different each time you come in is not personal and they don't get to know you. They just go trough the motions!
    Good luck, Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • I agree with Jim. The PM I went to was three doctors and a bunch of nurse practitioners. But when you went you had an appt with your NP specifically. And as needed you see your doctor.

In addition the office was very well run. Never waited more than 15 mins for the NP. I did wait for the doctor but I can understand that emergencies happen. As for the staff they are excellent.

I think you office just can't handle the expansion. But most important is that you don't sound happy. No reason for that.