Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hiya all , some of you know me and some of you dont!Just wondering if anyone suffers from having one warm foot(the good side as i call it)and one cold foot? If so why is this? Ive tried a range of things like soaking it in warm water but i think the water was too hot. Its as though im losing sensation in my right foot. I suffer from fibromyalgia, DDD, arthritus, nerve damage (right leg). could it be the nerves in my leg? would appreciate opinions on this and experiences!

Angie xx

• Sorry to hear. I use my infrared heating pad on my foot at times when it's aching and cold yes. I try to keep my ankles moving and do stretches to keep the circulation going and ride my recumbent bicycle when I'm able. I always have on socks or slippers to keep my bad foot warm. I had an EMG/nerve test before and it showed nerve issues in my L4-L5 nerve causing sciatica and I guess circulation issues.

My husband has pain in his ankle at night from the cold and he started to wear diabetic socks to keep the circulation going in his foot and he's having less pain. Hope it eases up for you. Do you find it's worse with the cold and damp days with rain or snow? Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Is your doctor aware of your cold foot? If not, you should be seen to make sure its nothing other than radiculopathy from your nerve damage.

Best wishes,

• Hi Angie,

Just wondering how you're doing with your cold foot and whether you got some answers about this from your doctor. Don't think I've seeny any other posts from you.

Both of my feet are cold most of the time since the surgery and that doesn't worry me but to have one foot cold and the other warm seems like something that should be checked out.

Hope you're doing well, Let us know how it's going for you.

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • Hiya all >:D< Thankyou for replying >:D<

Charry...Yes my pain in some parts does get worse with damp or cold weather. The pain i get in my back and legs, knees and neck and hands its all different types of pain . I do go for a walk most days(not far)but do struggle.

Marianne....and linda..Yes the doctor is aware and says theres not much that they can do, due to nerve damage,(there is not enough oxygen getting to help the healther nerves)and circulation.I was told awhile back that eventually i would lose my right leg.To be honest i dont want all these problems, ive had one of my worser days today, feeling sorry for myself, and i just wonder why me!

I have tried the soft brush tecnique, stoke upwards to stimulate the circulation. Also hot baths(but can not always get down into the bath, i do sit on the bath board and have my feet in the hot bath. i do always wear socks and slippers. just dont know what i can do to help myself ~X(

Angie >:D< >:D< >:D< :H
  • Sad to hear that. I am hearing this for the first time. I think you must consult the doctor and have your full body checkup. Only then your problem will be diagnosed.