Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Oct 29th Surgery!

MLT01MMLT01 Posts: 172
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery

Hi Everyone,

Just received the call today that my fusion is going to be this month! I was almost blown over because I was under the impression early Dec. The Dr is booked solid so either I have it in 2 weeks or the week of Christmas and miss Christmas with my family.

They need to replace all the hardware because of hardware failure and add more BMP to the non union. I have to much to do! The nerves are now kicken in!!

spondylolisthesis at L4-5; stenosis,
Lumbar surgeries 1999 L4-L5
Lumbar staph infection 1999-2000"
Meningitis x5 in 1999-2001
Brain shunt 2000"
Brain shunt removed 20001"
ALIF/PLIF fusion 8/5/09

• Hi MLT yes I know how you feel My surgery was supposed to be on the 14th and my Dr called and had to push it to the 21st so I was all ready to go last week and now
    another week Of nerves lol I just hope it is not as bad as I think it will be but have a good attitude
    they say that is what you need to do and get your nest ready I got my raised toilet seat and grabber from Amazon 2 days ago coffee table set up by bed with magazines word search good movie popped in dvd and all my meals planned ..hope you and your nerves are going to be ok I will put on thread after surgery to let all know how it went hope you can do the same ..Have a great day :H
  • Yes I guess it was a shock when your surgery was put forward to the 29th. You kind of think that you've got plenty of time to get everything ready, and now it's all go for you, but I think better that way because being busy takes care of the nerves for some of the day.

Hoping all goes well for you and that you fuse this time.

Please check in and let us know how you're going.

John, Hope all goes well for you on the 21st too. Good that you're all set up for your recovery. Same thing, let us know how you're going.

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008