Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WARNING
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval
ATTENTION: All NEW MEMBERS
1) Your first discussion or comment needs to go through a moderator's approval process before it can be published.
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

Meloxicam VS Diclofenac

natrlvr2nnatrlvr2 Posts: 8
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Pain Medications
I have been on Diclofenac(2 a day,used to take it 3 times a day years ago) for years,for my DDD/bulging disc.It used to be the only one that helped(along with my other meds.)
I saw a different Dr. recently and he decided that I should be on Meloxicam instead.(once a day)
So I am giving it a try.
I am curious as to why and what the difference is?
advertisement

Comments

• Sometimes the Drs may switch anti-inflammatory meds to see what works better like for me I'm taking Diclofenac now after a year on Naproxen and a year of Celebrex. I haven't tried Meloxicam and would like to hear how it works for you. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Meloxican is generic for Mobic. Not sure what dose your on, but I used 2 x 7.5 mg a day for well over a year and really can't wait to get back on it, as it helps so much with the inflammation. My pm doc thought it would be more suitable in my case for mobic in place of Naproxen as it he thought it would be easier on my stomach. I will say I had no issues whatsoever on it, and once it was gone while I fuse I sure know it is gone right now.
  • I have never had an issue with diclofenac/volteron.I used to take it 3 times a day.Then Dr. wanted me to cut back.I only could cut down to two a day other my back started getting worse.I went to this other Dr. for a second opinion on my neck problem.
    This is the 3rd time I saw hm and he wanted to switch this med.I will see hwo it goes.If it is not
    working like the other one,I am switching back.