Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Really bad headaches

sparkyonessparkyone Posts: 7
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I had an ACDF with fusion at 3 levels and plating back on September 22. Went back to work 10 days after the surgery. I have been doing fine until the last few days. Waking up every night with serious headache and neck pain. The headache does not want to go away. Does anyone with similar surgery have problems with headaches? I think it may have something to do with the tension form wearing the Miami J collar 24/7. Pain meds don't help the headache. Any suggestion greatly appreciated.

• Hello Sparkyone I am having surgery on the 21st l4 l5
    fusion and I have been off work since last nov 17th
    I ruptured my disc And have had to jump through hoops
    for work comp and have seen 3 NS and finally got wher i need to have something done ...And yes my HEADACHES
    HAVE BEEN REAL BAD AT TIMES ..even needed dark room
    to lay and i never ever used to get headaches and the
    Dr said it could be from nerves ..however he thought
    surgery would help them ..
  • Sorry to hear about your headaches. I think you take off the collar at night no? I would call your Dr. and let him know. Are you taking a muscle relaxer? That's early to get back to work I hope you have a raised desk or headphone for the phone. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Sounds like tension headaches. There are 2 things that worked for me when I had these headaches: xanax or muscle relaxers. Pain meds didn't work for mine either. The pain ran from my temples to the back of my head and down the back of my neck. Horrible.

(This is not medical advice, only personal experience. Always consult your doctor before taking any medication.)