Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

hello guys im back home now !!

JaniebabyJJaniebaby Posts: 93
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I had my op on tuesday !! It took 6 hours from start to finish !! I did have a couple of rough days and was watched a lot. Worse one was my stats being taken every hour as my blood pressure was low !!this was the first night shortly after op. I went down at ten am and was back on ward at five pm. Good pain managment with the PCP !! I'm tender and sore but am glad to be back home xx

• It seems like you had a rough post-op experience, but hopefully now, you can relax and take it one step at a time. You'll probably be feeling a little sore as it's only been a matter of days since your fusion surgery.

I really hope your recovery goes very well and that if you're in pain, you have good pain meds to combat this. If your friends/family volunteer to assist you - accept their help (until you're able to be more independent at least).

You take care of yourself and keep us posted with up-dates every now and again yeah?
    2 x Microdiscectomy 2005 / PLIFusion 2-level 2010 / revision surgery 2011 / NEVRO Senza spinal cord stimulator implanted February 2013. I WILL NOT GIVE IN / UP !!
  • Thanks sueD , how are you now ?? !!of course I will keep you lot updated xx
  • Also happy to answer any questions you have and will do a proper write up in a few days xx
  • Hiya, sending gentle hugs >:D< Just take your time during your recovery, and more importantly relax. First time ive posted to you, just keep us posted on your recovery! >:D<

Angie :H

• It is so good to hear that you are home again.

Be kind to yourself while you recover and follow all the rules. That way you will give yourself the best chance of a complete recovery. Be patient and find some ways of passing the time while you rest. :-)
  • You asked me how I am - well, I have my good/bad days. I've learnt the hard way not to overdo things as my back soon plays up and then I'm laying in bed to relieve the pain (through my own silly fault).

I must learn that when I have a good day that doesn't mean I can do all the things I used to! It's still considered early in my recovery and I must still learn to walk before I can run.

I've posted in the chronic pain section about my awful day yesterday at work - so I suppose I should be saying that, at the moment, things could be better! Still, I've got a positive attitude and am sure everything will work out fine in the end.

I hope you're feeling more comfortable now - take it easy.

2 x Microdiscectomy 2005 / PLIFusion 2-level 2010 / revision surgery 2011 / NEVRO Senza spinal cord stimulator implanted February 2013. I WILL NOT GIVE IN / UP !!
  • all the best to you during your recovery. Look forward to following your updates on recovery as I await my fusion. Here's to pain free/less pain days ahead :)
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • Glad your home and doing better ...You sound very up beat glad to hear that stay comphy and happy ..I have my fusion done on the 21st this thurs and getting nervous lol ...
  • You're on the other side now. Be patient Janie! Best wishes on an uneventful, smooth recovery...

• I'm so glad to hear that you're home and on to recovery. Sorry to hear about the rough patch in the hospital, but that's a great place to have it, rather than at home.

As the others said and doesn't need repeating, follow all your doc's orders, be good to yourself, take your meds and walk when you can. But don't overdo on those days when you feel like superwoman. We pay dearly for them later.

Congrats and it's good to hear that you're home.

• Don't know why I didn't read this topic sooner but I want to add my welcome home wishes. I'm two weeks ahead of you--had my lumbar fusion on 9/29. You did have a rough time and I'm glad you're past it and hope you're doing well! :)

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • I hope your recovery goes smoothly and you're feeling better soon.
    3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • I bet it's so good to be home!

Good that the PCP helped you through the rough days.

Hope your recovery goes smoothly now and that you're able to do some short walks and start getting stronger.

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
  • I am so glad that you are home and can start recovering! Just be very careful and follow Drs orders!!

Keep us updated!!