Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Sciatica questions

Kat_woman38KKat_woman38 Posts: 162
I've had some problems with sciatica for years. It normally bothers me every few months, I'll have problems with my butt and right leg a few days and have to stick close to the house, use crutches, and then I'm good for another few months.

This time around, it's only been about 6 weeks, and it's effecting my left leg, which has never happened. I plan to contact my doctor, but it will take up to a month to get in due to scheduling and our insurance just being switched to a different plan. Has anyone else out there experienced a switch in their normal sciatic pain like this? I'm just wondering if this is something I can expect as part of my routine, or is it truly a new symptom? I hate to be an alarmist, I have several health issues and see the doctors so often that I'm practically on a first name basis with hospital staff, but if I need to go in, I don't want to wait and cause further damage, either.

Thanks any and all for your input!

• HI Kat :) I had about the same thing happen to me for a few yrs and then I got much worse. But any ways what the sciatic pain in a different leg meant for me was a new herniation. Hope it is not the same thing for you. I would try to get seen ASAP.
    Please keep me updated..
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • I've had the other side start to hurt after compensating for issues on the original side.

• for the replies, MsHumptyDumpty and haglandc! I'll keep y'all posted on what happens, I'm just hoping I twisted wrong or something, usually when this happens, I wake up with it. Today, it was a middle of the day thing, so entirely unusual for me. Hope you're both having a pain light evening!